Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 847 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Paying a third party?

Thread title: Paying a third party?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
09-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
Ok use these names im confused:
Andy - Coder
Garrett - Sub Contracted
Host - Client
There are 4 people involved in this but Garrett didn't hire anyone.

He wants to buy a design from Anthony but for some reason that means Bryan has to take all of Garrett's money and then Bryan will pay Anthony.

Also Garrett has now stated he has no paypal account of his own and won't give me his address.

How do I pay him?

09-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Andy
There are 4 people involved in this but Garrett didn't hire anyone.

He wants to buy a design from Anthony but for some reason that means Bryan has to take all of Garrett's money and then Bryan will pay Anthony.

Also Garrett has now stated he has no paypal account of his own and won't give me his address.

How do I pay him?
I do have one, I have a address. It's not for you to ask for my address and my paypal. You know my paypal, but I don't want to be paid there Andy. I don't have action on it, once its sent there its going to my bank. So how in the hell will I be able to send it to bryan huh?

For the whole story, andy never said that it will be paid to mea nd only me, and my ideal payment was to be sent as a payment for a design by anthony. Now that it is time to be paid. He is refusing because hes afraid hell be put in a scam. Which Ive asked 7 times now, how does that include you in a scam or a interaction. He has yet to answer and only ignores it. And he's really starting to be a smart ass and it's getting annoying, and he has threatended me that if I dont give him my paypal, he will widthdrawel it the next day.

In all belief, the reciever (me), should be able to choose where he wants his money to go, I even sent Andy a small little e-contract for him to sign, and that I promise him that he will not be involved or named if anything goes wrong.

Garrett - My2142Stats.com says:
I hereby declare that if anything happens withing the 75$ sent to payments@forumshock.com, I myself Garret is responsable for any actions and Andy and his paypal account. Are no reliable for any mishapps.
X...Garrett Bjerkhoel....X....
Sign it
Andy - WebHosting2.co.uk says:
You are joking
type your first and first letter of your last name
No im not
It wouldn't make it legit, lol
theres such thing as a electronic contract
im making it ligit
Over msn? No..
Its electronic
so Yes it is
Look, i have an agreement right there!
It's not a recordable form of data transfer
yes it is
I have it on my logs
and email it to you if I have to
You're a joke - I'm sending it to that computer repair paypal tomorrow
No you are not
If you do, you are going agaisnt your word, and its the same thing as paying a third party.
Even if it is outsourcing the original contractor has sub-contracted, it is up to him to pay his sub contractors, not the client.
From what I can dictate out of that, that means that the sub-contracter should be liable and should be able to choose where it goes.
Am I wrong?
You are wrong.
For all I know, he's just starting to do this to piss me off, and it's working.

Another example:

what's your paypal email then?
SMART ASS, SA 12345
payments@forumshock.com
i will not give you my ****ing paypal
I'm actually going to send the money there now, no joke.
Go ahead, and that is like paying a 3rd party, since I told you not to send it there.
Thanks for the proof there
Well, when I tell you not to send it there, why would I give you my paypal?
that is like saying, heres my paypal send it there

What do you think of:
I also know a way around for you, but you clearly can't think of it and by me telling you it my reasoning is defeated
What are you talking about, can you reword it?
For you to defeat my refusal to send money to a third party.
Huh? How can I defeat it?
ANd why would you hold it back? That right there is a class act.
So you think its right to send it to bryan, only if I tell you a certain thing?
What do I want you to tell me?
I know a work around for my refusal, you just don't know it.
NIGHT
Wow, ima post that.

09-30-2006, 03:00 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

These threads are getting out of hand, they pop up almost every day.

09-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

I've sent money to a third party with Garrett before with Freelance Yak, and nothing has happened. And if the third party doesnt mind getting the money from someone else there should be a problem by doing this it also saves on paypal fees by sending it once and not twice. <---Thats why i do it.

09-30-2006, 04:12 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Garrett, if you are the person who accepted the job (contractor), then got someone to do it for you (sub-contractor), then you should receive the payment and forward it to your sub-contractor. Your client (person you did the job for) should not have to pay your sub-contractor, it's your resposibility.

This is basic professionalism guys. Unless stated otherwise in contracts you always pay the original contractor. I am talking about ANY type of job here, building, plumbing, computer repairs, mechanical engineering etc...

09-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire

I agree..

09-30-2006, 05:54 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Garrett, if you are the person who accepted the job (contractor), then got someone to do it for you (sub-contractor), then you should receive the payment and forward it to your sub-contractor. Your client (person you did the job for) should not have to pay your sub-contractor, it's your resposibility.

This is basic professionalism guys. Unless stated otherwise in contracts you always pay the original contractor. I am talking about ANY type of job here, building, plumbing, computer repairs, mechanical engineering etc...
I did this myself. The problem is, if it's sent to MY Paypal, I cannot send it to someone else right away. So I asked Andy to send it to Bryan, if it's sent to my paypal, it could take a week to get it sent to my father. And Bryan has agreed to hold my money till Anthony is ready to take my job WHENEVER that is.

09-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Hmm.. haven't had a full chance to read everything, but off the last post.. Why is it Andy's problem that your having transfer problems?

09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
EEight is offline EEight
Expertise:
Software:

EEight is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to EEight

Old

Garrett, if you're having issues with your PayPal, next time ask for a check or money order payment. Or get the problem with PayPal fixed.

I'm bad with names, so I couldn't remember who's-who even after reading all this. Here's the short of it:

Client - Needs work done. Hires a contractor to do it.

Contractor - Is hired by the client to get something done. If the contractor doesn't have enough time or resources, he may choose to hire someone else to do it.

Sub-contractor - Is the person whom the contractor hires.

The contractor is under contract with the client. The sub-contractor is under contract with the contractor. The sub-contractor and the client are not under contract! The client is NOT responsible for paying the sub-contractor, or even dealing with him.

If you're the contractor, and you hired a sub-contractor, it's your responsobility to deal with him.

Garrett, as I said above, get your PayPal fixed. How can you conduct business when you can't even accept money without causing chaos? Also, stop using "electronic contracts." They're a joke. They can easily be edited and forged. It only costs $0.37 cents to mail out a real contract.

Edit: Yes Garrett, you are wrong; the sub-contractor has nothing to do with the client, and thus has no say in where the client's money goes. It's equivalent to coming up to a stranger on the street and telling him what to do with his money.

If you're the sub-contractor, it's none of your business what the client does. What's your business is that you get the job done for the contractor and he pays you. End of story.

09-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
I do have one, I have a address. It's not for you to ask for my address and my paypal. You know my paypal, but I don't want to be paid there Andy.
What I thought was your paypal actually isn't though - you've told me it's your dad's, not yours.

I've offered to send him cash in an envelope but he took it as a joke and gave me a completely fake address.

Originally Posted by Blue Ire
Blame Garrett, I requested that this was kept for opinions and that he left the thread alone but he didn't has turned it into a little arguement.

Originally Posted by Julian
Thank you, when I gave him analogies he just ignored them and has now told me to stop using them as they're "stupid".

Originally Posted by Bennett
Hmm.. haven't had a full chance to read everything, but off the last post.. Why is it Andy's problem that your having transfer problems?
Thank you

Originally Posted by EEight
Garrett, if you're having issues with your PayPal, next time ask for a check or money order payment. Or get the problem with PayPal fixed.
Thank you but if money was sent via the post it could only be cash (UK postal orders can't be to US)

Originally Posted by EEight
Garrett, as I said above, get your PayPal fixed. How can you conduct business when you can't even accept money without causing chaos? Also, stop using "electronic contracts." They're a joke. They can easily be edited and forged. It only costs $0.37 cents to mail out a real contract.
A contract AFTER the work isn't going to help anybody

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >