Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1140 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Possible ripper...?

Thread title: Possible ripper...?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
04-21-2007, 06:35 PM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

bwb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by .amaZe View Post
Your relating web developing to tangible goods, which is absolutely wrong.
Legally if sold as a product it is, you are mistaking the work to hire classification.

04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by bwb View Post
Legally if sold as a product it is, you are mistaking the work to hire classification.
No.

If your design was bought using a contract or having some kind of receipt showing that you purchased the design with resale/full rights, then you can sale "legally as sold as a product".

Unlike tangible goods, when bought a receipt is giving which then serves the purpose as your legal document.

04-21-2007, 06:51 PM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

bwb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by .amaZe View Post
No.

If your design was bought using a contract or having some kind of receipt showing that you purchased the design with resale/full rights, then you can sale "legally as sold as a product".

Unlike tangible goods, when bought a receipt is giving which then serves the purpose as your legal document.
Yes, you are once again mistaking the right to hire classification, please go read copyright law. This design is owned by us. Of course we have a receipt. Sorry but this is my last post, I highly recommend you read the copyright laws as you are getting them very very wrong.

04-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

So if you buy a design from TemplateMonster you get full rights do you? I think not, of course a design can be sold without full rights. Weather it's from a reseller like TemplateMonster or a sole freelancer it can still be sold without all rights and it is your responsibility as the buyer to find out what rights you get with the purchase - don't just assume.

04-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Gatt is offline Gatt
Expertise: Design & Development
Software: Photoshop

Gatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Gatt Send a message via Skype™ to Gatt

Old

And BWB, just because it says something on sitepoint, doesn't mean they own the internet and business world laws.

04-27-2007, 04:11 AM
ANMMark is offline ANMMark
Software:

ANMMark is on a distinguished road

Old

I was just going to say that Gatt.

Sitepoint is a development and freelance community much like TFL. Sitepoint is NOT an authority on law in any way shape or form.

Another example is software. When you go to the store and purchase Microsoft Windows, I would double dare you to say that you now owned full rights to Windows.

People buy things everyday, and have no idea what they are buying exactly. They will typically tell you what they assumed they have purchased (which you are doing now).

I cannot sit and say that you do not own full rights. However, if the designer states that you do not, then I believe YOU need to research the LAW....NOT...Sitepoint, and find out what your rights are. If he still owns any rights to the design, he could technically charge your royalty fees for every copy of the template you have sold or distributed freely.

Imagine standing in front of the judge, losing your case, and saying "Your honor, you need to go read Sitepoint!"

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3