Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1365 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Writing, Editing, Copywriting :

Effective Presentations, workshop & online meeting series

Thread title: Effective Presentations, workshop & online meeting series
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Effective Presentations, workshop & online meeting series

What: Effective Presentations, a workshop for people who want help organizing researching or creating a presentation.
the ideal participant is . . .
well, there is no ideal participant. Past participants have tended to be grad students, business owners who want to start a public speaking program, young entrepreneurs who need to figure out how to explain what they do to potential clients. If you need to tell someone about what you do or what you've done, this workshop can help you figure out how to do it better, or how to do it bestbest.
That said, the emphasis is on the 20 to 60 minute more-or-less formal presentation.

What, exactly?: Join the workshop you'll have access to a website with weekly or bi-weekly activities to help you think about all aspects of creating and delivering presentation, forums to discuss issues and tips, and other participants each working on their own presentation. You'll have many opportunities to give and receive feedback (learn by helping others).

All workshop participants are registered for 5 60-90 minute online meetings (chats). The topics are:
1. Preparing an Abstract or Short Proposal
2. Preparing a Longer Proposal (will also touch on things like book proposals and bids)
3. Organizing a Presentations
4. Creating the Presentation
5. Follow-up meeting, an opportunity to discuss and analyze proposals and presentations you've recently made.

This year, I'm accepting meetings-only registrations: any one, a few, or all five.

When: Workshop is open from 22 August to 1 December. With the exception of the online meetings, all participation is asynchronous. Participate when it's convenient to you.

Where: Online.

Prices:
Workshop, including all meetings etc. $180
Single meetings @$35
All 5 meetings $120

I do offer a discount for group registrations (5 or more). Contact me to learn more.

More information at http://bit.ly/EFP_811
Or PM me.

Sarah

02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I'll be offering this series again starting 5 March.

The pricing structure has changed.

See http://www.scribd.com/doc/76320048/E...#fullscreen:on

Or contact me directly.