Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1455 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Writing, Editing, Copywriting :

Become speech writer

Thread title: Become speech writer
11-20-2012, 03:50 AM
designer007 is offline designer007
Expertise:
Software:

designer007 is on a distinguished road

Old  Become speech writer

Hi,
Celoit AB has been operating an IT service in Sweden for ten years. There we sell complete speeches online.

We will now start exactly the same service, but in the English language, and therefore we are looking for experienced speechwriters who love to write wedding / birthday / funeral and corporate speeches.

In total we have about a hundred categories.

The speechwriters decide the prices and they can add or remove the speeches they want. The company pays 17% royalty for each time a speech is sold, and they are sold quickly in hundreds per one speech.

If you are interested, please send in some work samples to office[at]speechmart[dot]com
We will send you a warm welcome!

thanks,

01-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Alison111 is offline Alison111
Software:

Alison111 is on a distinguished road

Old

As far as I know, it's extremely hard to become a speech writer. Does a person need some psychological knowledge so that the work done will suit to a speaker.

01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Alison, I doubt this is the kind of speechwriting you have in mind: the $3 - $5 per word (or more) well researched, written in cooperation with the speaker version.

Instead, I think may be comparable to the stock photo site, where my amateur photographer siblings routinely upload pictures in hopes that someone will want to purchase one (or several). You write something ("Here's to you, Magoo! I always liked that you weren't blue! And now that you're in the marriage stew! I wish the very best to you! Plural." [(c) Research and Writing 2013]) post it, cross your fingers that someone doesn't simply walk off what you've written.

But I say all this that without having checked out the site, so I could be wrong.

And, of course, I'd be a bit chary of someone advertising for writers who does not appear to recognize idiomatic English.

01-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Alison111 is offline Alison111
Software:

Alison111 is on a distinguished road

Old

I see, Lowengard. I've mixed a little bit up. I was considering more serious pieces of work.