Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1389 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Unsold.co | A domain generator

Thread title: Unsold.co | A domain generator
04-23-2012, 05:14 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old  Unsold.co | A domain generator

Unsold.co | A domain generator

I've decided to toy around with developing a domain name generator and availability tool. I have not created the site design yet so it remains barebones

It takes 2 random words along with an extension and looks up if it's available and includes the ability to override one of the random words with a word of your choice. It will return 10 domains per check but multiple clicks give it the ability to return more. Example: 5 clicks would return 50 domains.

Word length selections could be useful in finding brandable names. It still uses any word from the list.
  • Shortening the percentage on the first word will remove characters from the end of the first word
  • Shortening the percentage on the second word will remove characters from the beginning of the second word

This is a new project so I still have other plans for adding more ways to create extensive searching. I've found quite a few promising domains that I otherwise wouldn't have ever thought of, hopefully you do too if you try it

04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
JacktheFlipper is offline JacktheFlipper
Expertise:
Software:

JacktheFlipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

This is actually a pretty good app, I really like it

04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo

Old

thanks, yea it's a little iffy on .info domains and (I believe it was .us also) when I did a test and clicked it like 20 times. It will end up listing available info names as taken. I never noticed before until I put this together but I've checked around at a few other name generators and they are also returning false results for .info domains sometimes.

I wanted to make my own generator because while I like a couple other ones they require a membership to make unlimited requests probably to ease the hourly/daily api call limits to dictionaries

04-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

The app is definitely very intriguing, however, I must be doing something wrong. Whether I input 1 or 2 words into the field, it still generates domains that have nothing to do with either of the words.

04-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo

Old

No you aren't having any problems. This was just the initial set up for testing. It doesn't return similar words yet. At the moment I just have a huge txt file of 6 char words and lower although I plan on connecting it to the Wordnik API when I get a chance. That way it'll be able to return similar words based on synonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms

Ugh I've been extremely busy with college and have finals coming up very soon