Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1680 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Not paid for work! ZUHU.com is ripping me off!

Thread title: Not paid for work! ZUHU.com is ripping me off!
Closed Thread    
04-26-2006, 04:16 AM
DJAC is offline DJAC
Expertise:
Software:

DJAC is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to DJAC

Old  Not paid for work! ZUHU.com is ripping me off!

I've recently completed 2 batches of work for the owner of zuhu.com. The original post for the job was here: http://www.hellogreen.com/showthread.php?t=464

He basically needed some content to be submitted to his joke site. I completed my first batch and WAS paid for my work (mind you, a couple days late). I then proceeded to complete a 2nd batch. Upon completion I emailed the owner who then asked me what my PayPal address was (strange since he had already sent me a payment).

As of April 7th, the date in which I received the last email from him, I have not received my money and several emails of mine have been ignored even though his site continues to update (he's still alive).

It is extremely frustrating to devote time to something and then not get paid as promised. It is even more frustrating to know that the person who owes money is simply deleting emails from his inbox and not replying.

I realize I did not have a contract, but was wondering if anyone has ideas of what I could do about this situation?

The purpose of this thread is not to complain, but to warn others. Before doing any work for someone, be sure you are protected with either a signed contract or down-payment as many people have already stated in this forum.

P.S. DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THE ZUHU.COM OWNER! I believe his name is Joe Ventura.

04-26-2006, 04:36 AM
itmpls is offline itmpls
Expertise:
Software:

itmpls is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to itmpls

Old

Originally Posted by dj aC
I've recently completed 2 batches of work for the owner of zuhu.com. The original post for the job was here: http://www.hellogreen.com/showthread.php?t=464

He basically needed some content to be submitted to his joke site. I completed ...
Read This..

http://talkfreelance.com/thread15527.html

04-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Did you have a solid contract?

04-26-2006, 06:31 AM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the heads up mate.
Hopefully you'll get paid.

04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
DJAC is offline DJAC
Expertise:
Software:

DJAC is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to DJAC

Old

itmpls: I have been reading that thread, but mine pertains to a specific site/individual. I guess this thread is more of a warning to keep people from doing any business with ZUHU.com and its owners as opposed to asking for advice.

Julian: As I stated in my original post, I unfortunately did not have a contract. I have read your posts about contracts and agree 100% with you.

The reason I didn't have a contract for this particular job was due to the fact that my brother did the same work and was paid before I considered doing the work myself. Seeing the money in his PayPal account led me to trust this guy. I did get paid for my first batch of work which further convinced me that I didn't need a contract. It was on the second batch of work that I got stiffed.

Closed Thread