Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1205 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Question!

Thread title: Question!
Closed Thread    
11-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old  Question!

Im planning into opening Hosting Buisness but I 've noticed that there are many hosting companies around and even have the same prices of packages and plans, So i thought about decreasing the prices of my plans but still the profits i get are very littel compared to the time im giving freely supporting my clients. Can anyone tell me a cheap reseller or a dedicated servers.

Regards

Thanx

11-28-2004, 07:00 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Nofan, it is not always best to compete with your competitors on price alone. You might wish to consider increaseing your prices and targeting a different market? Or offering "premium support" or something to that extent...to make your clients pay for the extra mile service.

Budget hosting has many drawbacks...more clients, increased resources, downtime...more support to handle. IMO, ten good well paying customers is better than 100 bottom feeders. However, if you still wish to follow in this market....i have heard www.poundhost.co.uk do cheap resellers and also might want to look into www.managed.com.

11-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old  ...

Robson, you are right about competing with masters lol. But you will get the more experience one you compete with them. You will get to learn new tips for managing a buisness in the internet!

12-04-2004, 03:08 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I suggest heading over to webhostingtalk.com and hanging around their forum for a while. Get yourself a reseller account and give/sell space to some friends for a month or so.....work out how to use the reseller back to front, make sure you know how to carry out basic tasks, adding new databases, setting up peoples accounts etc.

12-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Moni-Q is offline Moni-Q
Software:

Moni-Q is on a distinguished road

Old

The problem with getting a reseller account or dedicated server that is too cheap is that quite often these super cheap services are unreliable. You may not be able to sleep peacefully at night if you have to keep worrying about when next the server will go down.

I dont recommend going below $4.00 for any of your packages, unless you plan to charge extra for support. You will find that the time spent supporting 10 four dollar customers may not be worth it, however it'll be much easier to support 4 $10 customers. Same $40 revenue.

01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
mderbyshire is offline mderbyshire
Software:

mderbyshire is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to mderbyshire

Old

As someone else here has pointed out, the cheaper you price your services, the harder (in most cases) it gets to support the customer, and it's for that reason you should always bear in mind that usually 'you get what you pay for' (I say usually - there are obviously some cheaper providers out there providing a better service than some of the more expensive providers).

This also works with dedicated servers too, so it's probably not best to just go with the cheapest reseller or dedicated server -- if you receive poor service from your provider, you'll struggle to provide much of a better service to your own customers, so ensure you choose a provider with a good reputation!

If going with a more reputable company means forking out a few extra pounds/dollars per month (which it most likely will do), i'd highly recommend you do so -- it'll probably save you a lot more money in the long run, and make life so much easier for you!

I'm not going to dish out any company names here, but lets just say that i've tried servers from various cheaper providers in the past (purely for personal use -- certainly not for my business), and more often than not i've found the level of service to be absolutely appalling to the point that it couldn't even cater for my own personal needs (which were pretty basic). Trying to use the servers from such companies for business use would have been a complete nightmare!

I'd make finding a good, solid, reputable provider your number one priority, when you are just starting out!

Closed Thread