Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1270 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Apple Computer

Thread title: Apple Computer
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
06-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Legendary is offline Legendary
Software:

Legendary is on a distinguished road

Old  Apple Computer

Just finished watching the Apple WWDC2005 Keynote by Steve Jobs. One of the biggest news was their transition from PowerPC to Intel. During the Keynote speech, Steve showed an Intel P4 3.0 GHz was running on the Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger). I found this highly incredible. My dual 2.5 GHz is running on Panther, and I love the OS so much better than WinXP. But the downsize to this is that you have to have a mac computer (PowerPC) to be able to run any mac OS. This transition will finally blow WinXP out of the water once and for all as you can now choose between OS to use. Though softwares are still limited, but this will change in the future. I am so very for the transition to finish. Steve promised the transition will be complete in two years.

Oh yeah, besides that!! Just wanna tell you guys that QuickTime 7 is out. Featuring H.246 technology. Download it and try it, AMAZING!!!

What's your thought on this?

06-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Imagenesis is offline Imagenesis
Software:

Imagenesis is on a distinguished road

Old

I highly doubt this will effect the sale of Windows XP or Longhorn. I very highly doubt that it will "blow it out of the water". I will never purchase a Mac until their performance in games and applications will surpass a PC.

06-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Software:

Old

EDITED

06-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Software:

Old

Wow, look at Fantastic's 4's advertising campeign. Very impressive. Sad that the movie will be terrible.

06-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Washington is offline Washington
Expertise:
Software:

Washington is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Washington

Old

Not heard of the edit function, Imagenesis?

The only thing Apple is doing is switching their chip manufacturer from IBM to Intel. That's because IBM never were particularly responsive to ideas and requests from Apple, and have been even less supportive now they are working on the chips for the next generation of games consoles. This move won't enable you to run Mac OSX on a regular PC, nor will you be able to run Windows on a Mac (afaik).

06-23-2005, 09:45 PM
jamesyfx is offline jamesyfx
Expertise: Design
Software: TextEdit

jamesyfx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jamesyfx

Old

Apple are never going to catch up to Windows, it's just not humanly possible unless Microsoft suddenly go out of business or something.

Apple probably have like 3% of the entire market.

06-23-2005, 09:56 PM
ismith is offline ismith
Software:

ismith is on a distinguished road

Old

Apple holds about 5 or 8%, I forget. I would advise most every PC user here that responds not to say anything until they've actually used OS X. Creative proffessionals, will tell you it is a lot more reliable, and overall a better operating system. Longhorn was a Hacker's best friend when it was released for about a week or so. All Apple OS's are immune to viruses, trojans, spyware, etc. Also system crashes and freezes very rarely occur on a Mac, it's happened to me once in my 3 years of ownership. Also the fact that a 1ghz PPC chip is the equivalent of a 1.8ghz Intel chip, equivalent to a 1.6 AMD. All Leopard systems........ (to be continued, I have to go...)

06-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Washington is offline Washington
Expertise:
Software:

Washington is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Washington

Old

They aren't immune, they just haven't been targetted by virus/spyware creators due to Apple's limited marketshare.

06-23-2005, 11:51 PM
jamesyfx is offline jamesyfx
Expertise: Design
Software: TextEdit

jamesyfx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jamesyfx

Old

Theres not really such thing as a more secure thing, .. thats my theory anyway.

Theres always a way into something, like people say theres always a way out of a room that looks seemingly impenetrable. It just depends on how hard you try, etc. You'll always find a way.

.. Uh. And.. well, that basically means.. The same thing as posted above. >.>

06-24-2005, 02:48 AM
ismith is offline ismith
Software:

ismith is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Prospekt
They aren't immune, they just haven't been targetted by virus/spyware creators due to Apple's limited marketshare.
Almost but not quite OS X isn't built on a platform that runs system commands through 3rd party downloads. Unless it's the hacker's own computer, the core system is only affected by Apple's software, downloaded through Software Update or for mass install, VersionTracker. That's why remote Apple hosting is impracticle, it will govern itself or by a physical human being. And like I said, please, unless you own a mac or have had one for a year or more, don't make assumptions. OS X is very different from XP. But as I was aying before, about Leopard (10.5): There will be Windows bundled with it. It works just like Classic Environment, it allows you to run any Windows program on a Mac, without losing any speed or quality.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >