Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1335 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

The Science of Web Design

Thread title: The Science of Web Design
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-01-2007, 08:49 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i'm not article police, i simply like proof with claims. 40% of home (what about business) on broadband isn't much of a minority. it's nearly split evenly if you factor in offices. i agree dial-up friendly media is a bonus, but you need to watch how you word things. it's no longer the necessity it was 7 years ago.

my web site is also an awful example. it was put up in august for a job interview and hasn't been updated since, because i got the job. making my personal, out of date, flash site accessible to everyone isn't a priority right now. plus, it's in the works.

as for what i feel is right - what i feel is right is the method that maximizes on clearly conveying the customers message. so i stand by my point.

03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
InfTekHosting is offline InfTekHosting
Software:

InfTekHosting is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to InfTekHosting

Old

Point taken on business, but....I would hate to know i was leaving 60% of home users business on the table just because i did not make my site load fast enough. That thought really makes that 40% minority look rather large to me.

With that being said.... dial up compatible media is still necessity the way it was 7 years ago (if you want to reach as many clients , internet users as possible.

Your website is a direct reflection of your what you feel is right method. It's yours and you are obviously proud enough of it to display the URL in your signature on this board.

While I still disagree with 90% of your comments, I do appreciate the debate.

03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

my site actually has a lot of flaws.it takes a long time to iron everything out when you can only do it piece at a time. i don't have much left and it's still a month or so out.

while my site is all flash, the total size of all my swfs is 285 kb. loading the header as a jpg for each page is a bigger download than the flash site.

03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
InfTekHosting is offline InfTekHosting
Software:

InfTekHosting is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to InfTekHosting

Old

Fair enough ......Have a great day!

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2