Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1199 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

Thread title: The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out
Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
01-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Lol. I have no idea.

P.s. I've left TF staff. I can't stand to be associated with Artashes' ability to run this forum into the ground.
In a way, I'm glad that other staff have been able to see what I did and decide to get the heck out of dodge. If Artashes does ever manage to turn this place around, it'll be the success story of the decade*.

* Ranked 100,001 in the list of success stories of the decade.

01-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
In a way, I'm glad that other staff have been able to see what I did and decide to get the heck out of dodge. If Artashes does ever manage to turn this place around, it'll be the success story of the decade*.

* Ranked 100,001 in the list of success stories of the decade.
To get this straight though, I have thought about leaving for over a year now, pretty much since you left. I kept on coming to the conclusion that there wasn't any point leaving because it wouldn't matter as nothing is (was) happening.

01-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

My story was similar. Eventually, it came down to "there wasn't any point staying because nothing is (was) happening". I um'd and ah'd over the decision for a super-long time. Both my time and energy were wasted here while everyone was sitting on their hands; I'm still glad I made the decision to leave and have been very busy elsewhere.

I still wish nothing but best wishes on TalkFreelance, but it's rather sad watching it just amble along for such a long, long, long time.

Thanked by:
Gaz (01-07-2013)
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

It's sad really how it's all gone to pot, when Artashes first took over I was quietly optimistic about the future so it's a shame it's never gone any further than that.

Whilst I take a tiny bit of the blame for a few delays with the design, it was completed back at the end of 2011 so I've no idea what's happened between now and then. Personally, I feel the downfall has been that this has never been Artashes's main priority, more of a side project that's been given a bit of time now and then.

It's all good and well having these grand plans for a new marketplace and other sections, but the fact is, this is still a forum. The forum is the backbone for everything else and without that, the rest are just going to be failures as well. Had the limited time and effort been put into adding quality new content on a daily basis, people would still want to visit to take part and contribute, not just check to see if the new skin had been released.

The initial success of the forum was down to the time Robson spent adding content etc and getting people involved, that's never happened since and that's why it's had such a huge decline. That's what the forum needs if it is to have any chance of getting a bit of life back into it, a new skin will make no long term difference at all, it'll increase activity for a few days and then it'll be back to normal.

I, like most others, don't really have any hope for it anymore, but one can still wish that one day it'll return a nice little active forum.

I have also left by the way, sent an email to Artashes a few months ago as it pointless me being on the staff as I didn't contribute in any way. I didn't have enough time and even when I did, I didn't really find the task of looking through post after post of the same old rubbish appealing.

Thanked by:
Gaz (01-07-2013)
01-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

The only hope for this place is if Artashes forgets to renew the domain. It's clear he has no time and interest.

01-15-2013, 04:34 AM
GoldtoShine is offline GoldtoShine
Software:

GoldtoShine is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to GoldtoShine

Old

Artashes should sell me this website, IMO. I have the funds to work on something better.

Note : Artashes, don't delete or censor this post. We don't want that, now do we Danny boy? (This isn't the place for that type of discussion. Leave an iTrader and move along. -Village Genius)

** Just noticed Artashes is inactive... Shame

01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

vVv is on a distinguished road

Old

I've been popping in here for the past few weeks, to see if any type of response from Artashes was made at all. I checked his profile and he's been inactive for a little over a month now. I don't blame any or almost all of the staff for demoting themselves.

The man obviously doesn't care about this site at all, everything that's been planned for this site hasn't come together since I joined over 3 or 4 years ago. All talk, no walk. IMHO, Artashes should just give the site and domain over to a group of trustworthy and responsible community members that actually care about this place, so they can hopefully have a fighting chance to bring it back to life again.

I seen this coming though, when I read some where he was running another "huge" forum of his own, the man obviously doesn't have time for this place, much less care about it either. Sad shame if you ask me. I did a quick search on "Freelance forums", and Freelancefirst.com was listed, which I noticed was also dead, at this point I could see that forum coming back to life faster then this one lol! :P

01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

He sent me an email:

"[...] I'm going through a difficult time in a business that requires 18 hours every day. It is an extremely stressful time and I barely have the time to eat and sleep. [...]"

01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Russ is offline Russ
Expertise: Web Consulting
Software:

Russ is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Russ Send a message via MSN to Russ

Old

Seems he has time to post in his google+ community:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...3-1721bd2a98aa

01-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz