Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1762 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

What exactly is www.escrow.com?

Thread title: What exactly is www.escrow.com?
Closed Thread    
04-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Some Guy is offline Some Guy
Expertise:
Software:

Some Guy is on a distinguished road

Old  What exactly is www.escrow.com?

I'm in the process of selling my domain for about 5,000 USD to a successful company, in which made over $30M in 4 years or so. He asked if I wanted www.escrow.com or www.Paypal.com. My paypal recieving limit is $500. I also made a new account with paypal and upgraded it to a premier account. What are my sending limits now?

Also, my new paypal account isn't verified, will I still be able to accept my money? Or does it need to be verified? Although it isn't a problem to get it verified, just don't want to waste time. I'm not trying to make any sort of mistake during this process so I need some help.

Regards, Ruben

04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
vip-ip is offline vip-ip
Expertise:
Software:

vip-ip is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to vip-ip Send a message via AIM to vip-ip Send a message via MSN to vip-ip

Old

Escrow.com is a trusted 3rd part which will control the fairness of the transaction. Escrow guarantees than neither you nor the buyer of your domain will rip each other off. When selling anything over $1k I would recommend using Escrow, unless you 100% trust the buyer and dealt with him/her before.

04-29-2006, 09:31 PM
MaxS is offline MaxS
Expertise:
Software:

MaxS is on a distinguished road

Old

It doesn't guarantee it but it's the best you're going to get for that level of convenience. Basically, you initiate the transfer -> buyer accepts -> buyer wires money to Escrow -> Escrow verifies the money has been received -> seller transfer the domain -> buyer confirms and has a set number of days to review the product, the number of days is set by the seller at the beginning of the transfer -> the buyer then confirms the domain has been received -> Escrow releases the money.

Closed Thread