Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 730 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Survive Digg - Brius's new creation.

Thread title: Survive Digg - Brius's new creation.
Closed Thread  
Page 7 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7
03-21-2007, 11:11 PM
damien is offline damien
Software:

damien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to damien

Old

Proxies allowed?

03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
VincePirez is offline VincePirez
Software:

VincePirez is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le View Post
I'm flattered you registered just to post that. Thanks.
I'm flattered you dignified me with such a careless response. No comment on your own sites uptime? Potential clients are reading this, after all..... Call it a test of customer relations

03-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

Originally Posted by VincePirez View Post
Your website says:
No immediate offense intended, but the specifications of your server blow big time. A 2.66GHz Xeon? Old.
Woodcrest cores only came out just before Christmas, how is that old?

03-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by faint` View Post
Woodcrest cores only came out just before Christmas, how is that old?
That's still old in hardware time. Regardless, I VERY much doubt it's a Woodcrest core, and even if it is, it's still not right for the task at hand.

03-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm flattered you dignified me with such a careless response. No comment on your own sites uptime? Potential clients are reading this, after all..... Call it a test of customer relations
Just wanted to tell you that I loved your article about Tyler Cruz...

Hey, sorry you feel that way about our services. Bryan and I are very confident what we offer will hold up. This is why we are giving a money back guarantee. As for the uptime on Brius, our datacenter recently screwed us over and we were forced to move to another one in Chicago. That downtime period was out of our hands and we couldn't do anything about it. We are still waiting for the compensation check from the DC to hand back to our customers.

Thanks

03-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

That's still old in hardware time. Regardless, I VERY much doubt it's a Woodcrest core, and even if it is, it's still not right for the task at hand.
I know this is completely unrelated to the thread 'n' all, but...

You own MyHateBlog? Legend!

03-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jako View Post
Just wanted to tell you that I loved your article about Tyler Cruz...
Thanks. His girlfriend didn't

Hey, sorry you feel that way about our services. Bryan and I are very confident what we offer will hold up. This is why we are giving a money back guarantee.
I'll be frank here. (and Vince, at the same time).
Your claims are 100% impossible, regardless of how much you have configured your server, or the software on it. And the reason for that is quite simple; circumstances beyond your control.

Let's suppose for a minute, that some vital component in your server dies during a high traffic moment. Are you going to offer a money back guarantee then? If not, what's to stop you using that excuse if another digg effect kills your box?

Unless you have some load balanced, fail-over implementation on multiple networks, then this is something you'll have to deal with sooner or later. For the price you're charging, I doubt you have such implementations do you? All it will take is a SINGLE failure and your reputation is destroyed.

This is the same as ye old 99.9% uptime guaranteed argument. The "guarantee" is always in regards to NETWORK uptime, and not server uptime/availability. You try arguing with and convincing a webhost that it was the network to blame.....

So, whilst I applaud your confidence, the product you are offering is nothing more than a one way ticket to the downfall of your company. Once you reach your first moment of downtime (and you will, as is inevitable in all hosting companies lives) then your product is over. Your niché is that which will destroy you.

As for the uptime on Brius, our datacenter recently screwed us over and we were forced to move to another one in Chicago. That downtime period was out of our hands and we couldn't do anything about it. We are still waiting for the compensation check from the DC to hand back to our customers.

Thanks
Understandable, and the same has happened to me before.
With all the above said, good luck guys.

03-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I know this is completely unrelated to the thread 'n' all, but...

You own MyHateBlog? Legend!
I do indeed. Am I a legend in these parts?

03-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks. His girlfriend didn't

I'll be frank here. (and Vince, at the same time).
Your claims are 100% impossible, regardless of how much you have configured your server, or the software on it. And the reason for that is quite simple; circumstances beyond your control.

Let's suppose for a minute, that some vital component in your server dies during a high traffic moment. Are you going to offer a money back guarantee then? If not, what's to stop you using that excuse if another digg effect kills your box?

Unless you have some load balanced, fail-over implementation on multiple networks, then this is something you'll have to deal with sooner or later. For the price you're charging, I doubt you have such implementations do you? All it will take is a SINGLE failure and your reputation is destroyed.

This is the same as ye old 99.9% uptime guaranteed argument. The "guarantee" is always in regards to NETWORK uptime, and not server uptime/availability. You try arguing with and convincing a webhost that it was the network to blame.....

So, whilst I applaud your confidence, the product you are offering is nothing more than a one way ticket to the downfall of your company. Once you reach your first moment of downtime (and you will, as is inevitable in all hosting companies lives) then your product is over. Your niché is that which will destroy you.

Understandable, and the same has happened to me before.
With all the above said, good luck guys.
Thanks for your comments and suggestions, I appreciate them. We are working on dropping the number of sites allowed on the server and also setting up a mirror server incase the inevitable happens.

Closed Thread  
Page 7 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7