Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 760 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

This* - A Change to our Pricing

Thread title: This* - A Change to our Pricing
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

JulesR is on a distinguished road

Old

When you get 100mbit ports, you can increase your bandwidth too. Don't hate those who can do it now though

04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Not to dog on you guys either, but you're through Liquidweb, yeah? 'Cos I know they charge $2,000+ for a 100Mbit/s unlimited port.

Although, I guess it's feasible if you've got more than 100 accounts for your highest package, but even then what kind of ROI is there? o.O

04-06-2009, 08:17 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by jordanriane View Post
Not to dog on you guys either, but you're through Liquidweb, yeah? 'Cos I know they charge $2,000+ for a 100Mbit/s unlimited port.
Yep, that's right. $2000 with no discounts

04-06-2009, 09:43 PM
AndyR is offline AndyR
Expertise:
Software:

AndyR is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyR

Old

Sorry, but may I ask who designed this*?

04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Digit is offline Digit
Expertise:
Software:

Digit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Digit Send a message via MSN to Digit

Old

Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
Sorry, but may I ask who designed this*?
The original design was done by Julian Targowski, while I worked on bits as well. We do have a new site coming out in the near future though, which blows this one out of the water.

04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

amaze go back under the rock you crawled out of, you were gone for a bit and just came back, shame really, the place was more peaceful when there were real businesses and real business owners talking, now were back to the playground.

Easter holidays perhaps?

04-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Sam Asante is offline Sam Asante
Software:

Sam Asante is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Asante

Old

Originally Posted by Blambu View Post
amaze go back under the rock you crawled out of, you were gone for a bit and just came back, shame really, the place was more peaceful when there were real businesses and real business owners talking, now were back to the playground.

Easter holidays perhaps?
ROFL - Jamie you legend.

04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Originally Posted by Sam Asante View Post
ROFL - Jamie you legend.
Sorry Jules and Digit for invading your thread, but this a$$ just never gives up with his childish remarks, he has is exactly the same when it comes to people bashing him; cant wait to see his response (If you have a response - PM ME! Oh yeah you wont be able to - Ive now added you to my ignored list! - but for my entertainment I'll keep an eye on what you say in this topic - If i were you, I'd just shut-up).

His prices for the plans he offers aint any better either, Amaze you want to have a look at some other companies, such as 123reg, uk2, lcn, you'll see those are the prices real businesses will sell for, so maybe you should read about what's worth what, and Jules and Digit can sell what they want, for what they want! Overselling or not, they'll still get customers and still make a profit, it's how the big boys do it.

Get over yourself. Jeez. You come out with the same rubbish over and over again, I'm really bored of you and your 'know-it-all-knowledge'.

04-07-2009, 02:09 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

No worries, it's fine I just don't think this is the place for host rivalry, and that seems to be the only motive behind his false claims that we're overselling, to try and somehow tarnish our name.

To be honest, I can see how it may appear to look from the outside - a host lowering prices may seem as if they're trying to oversell, but that's simply not the case here at all. Perhaps he should've been more mature and professional with his statements?

Amaze/Nixism has no idea how our business runs, or what our infrastructure looks like. We are in the fortunate position of having a growing infrastructure that allows us to increase our packages as we have done in the past, and also lower prices since we've reached our own goals and the pressure is off, as it were.

Overselling hosts generally can't manage things like this:
http://www.thiswebhost.com/forums/in...opic,29.0.html
Not to mention the traffic sites like PSDFan get

04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

@ Blambu

Who the hell are you? I am speaking to Digit or JulesR not a third party bystander. You say my plans are not much of a difference from thiswebhost's? You must be out of your mind them.. Look at my disk space/bandwidth allotment compared to his, and the prices.

*EDIT*

LMAO, I just realized who this loser is. This is the same loser that banned me for advertising my company. Funny thing is, you were a mod that also owned a web hosting company, and couldn't compete so you had to ban me. I was unbanned, because the other admin saw absolutely no reason why I was banned in the first place. Your company lasted for like 5 months, kudos!

P.S. Your a loser..

*EDIT*

@ JulesR

This is not about competition, because I do not have to lower my prices and make bigger plans to compete.

Yes, you are right about this is how it looks from the outside. You are the one providing the service, so you don't feel as if you are overselling, but people will say so. Unfortunately, your company is all about what people perceive of it.

If you look at HostGator, the biggest web hosting provider.
Their plans: http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

Is that overselling? To me, yes. To you, no. You would argue, that since they are the biggest provider, they have the most money to invest into the best servers and the best infrastructure.

@ thiswebhost

Go post your plans on webhostingtalk if you don't believe that you are overselling, its that simple. I am not saying you are uneducated, but you have uneducated people defending you, that are not part of this industry, so their comments can be kept to themselves.

Lowering prices has nothing to do with making it seem as if you oversell.

If a normal dedicated server can have 500GB Disk Space, and 1.5TB Bandwidth and sell for $150. While you offer 20GB Disk Space, with 1.2TB for $19.99! What can you possibly say about that?

Like I said previously, post your plans on webhostingtalk for discussion to see what other educated people in our field have to say about it.

I know it may seem as if I am scared because of the increasing competition, but I am far from that. If I was scared I would be doing what you are doing, and that is lowering prices and making bigger plans. My plans have remained the same since day 1, and will probably continue to be that way.

No harm intended, Good luck.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >