Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1207 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

A layout I made

Thread title: A layout I made
Closed Thread    
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
pATCheS is offline pATCheS
Software:

pATCheS is on a distinguished road

Old  A layout I made

Hey there, I just happened across this site when I tried Googling for PSD files to turn into XHTML/CSS, and liked it so much I decided I'd register and post.

I created a layout from the PSD version of this. The resulting pages are indexed here (compare them to this). And I got bored, so I made a GIF (caution: 335kb) that shows my progress at my backup points.

I think overall I did a good job, but there's some things about it that I don't like. Most particularly, the "user interface" and "login interface" bits on their corresponding pages. And my use of forms is..well, I don't know. I wish they were easier to work with.

I attempted IE6 support (PNG hacks, additional stylesheet for bugfixing), I've since mostly dropped it because I upgraded to Vista (which comes with IE7) and thus have no IE6 testbed; the client also lacks any wish to support it.

Anyway, from both a coding and a design perspective, how is it? What did I do well, and what do I need to improve?

12-31-2006, 06:58 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

From a design perspective, the style that you used is a little bit out dated. The pixel font has to go, but in the coded version you have substituted the pixel font for a browser supported font, which is good. I find that the text in each category (pixel font) is a tad bit small, but I'm still getting use to my new widescreen monitor, so it may just be me.

I think you did a good job with the code, however I'm no coding expert. I really like how the website fits in the browser as I change the resolution; so that it will look good in nearly any resolution.

Welcome to Talkfreelance! I suggest you introduce yourself in the Member Introductions section of the forum. Also, next time please place your thread in the correct section of the forum (this thread should be placed in The Gallery Showcase section of the forum.) I have notified a moderator about this, and they will kindly move it for you. Enjoy your stay!

12-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Moved to the correct forum

01-01-2007, 08:58 AM
FusE is offline FusE
Software:

FusE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FusE Send a message via MSN to FusE

Old

I like the theme colors, but Im not a fan of the pixel/block look.

Closed Thread