Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2193 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Shooting @ Campus

Thread title: Shooting @ Campus
Closed Thread    
04-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old

I had never heard of this incident until a few minutes ago, you have to sympathize for the families who lost a love one today.

I also think that although guns are legal in the US, it doesn’t give people the right to shoot people as they please. I'm also from the UK and gun crime is next to none because they are illegal here. Making guns illegal in the US won’t make much of a difference in the short term, because they are so widely available and so many people have them. It may affect the crime and violence rates in the long run though.

04-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
I had never heard of this incident until a few minutes ago, you have to sympathize for the families who lost a love one today.

I also think that although guns are legal in the US, it doesn’t give people the right to shoot people as they please. I'm also from the UK and gun crime is next to none because they are illegal here. Making guns illegal in the US won’t make much of a difference in the short term, because they are so widely available and so many people have them. It may affect the crime and violence rates in the long run though.
Is the crime with other types of weapons lower then the US? You also have to remember the US is a ton bigger then the UK so crime rates are going to lower no matter what. But thats for another discussion

04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Is the crime with other types of weapons lower then the US? You also have to remember the US is a ton bigger then the UK so crime rates are going to lower no matter what. But thats for another discussion
I'm not saying the UK is perfect, it's far from it. There are so many other types of crime in the UK, most alcohol related; youths and young men, even women having too much to drink.

But that’s off topic

04-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post

People in the US do not have the right to shoot people as they please, and although it is no where near as much as in the US, the gun crime in UK is still very high.

Closed Thread