Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1654 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

When is enough actually enough?

Thread title: When is enough actually enough?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old  When is enough actually enough?

When is enough actually ENOUGH

As a freelancer you have to ask yourself what your limits are. If you're being messed about by a client it is essential to know when to 'fire' them. Effectively that's what you're doing, when you cease business with them.

Over the course of the past 28 days I've had to 'fire' two of my clients. Both for pure lack of communication and tardiness when it comes to deadlines and dates.

This is one thing which I will not tolerate. For the past 12 months now on projects I have been delivering them on deadline, to and above the expected standard. Why should I alter my timetable to work around a tardy and in some respects NON RESPONDANT client? I shouldn't. I issue a final statement saying that if I hear no reply or feedback on the work by a certain date, I will cease the project.

This means that the client does NOT have the right to have their deposit refunded, as this is why it's paid in the first place. Although don't be mistaken, I allow for plenty of time before I issue these kinds of statements to them.

I'm just wondering some of your related experiences with clients and customers, and how you dealt with them.