Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1335 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

How do you evaluate design pricing?

Thread title: How do you evaluate design pricing?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
05-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Xuxa is offline Xuxa
Expertise:
Software:

Xuxa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xuxa

Old

I use charge a hourly rate but I usually convert it into a flat fee if the client asks.

06-18-2007, 05:53 AM
James_Black is offline James_Black
Expertise:
Software:

James_Black is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to James_Black

Old

Honestly, i think a lot of time is taken up by freelancers trying to come up with a pricing formula or some crazy algorithm.. I myself dont have a rock solid pricing scheme, i know what my time is worth and am good at judging how long something will take me, thats whats important. what do you want to get out of it? 25/hr.. how much work will this project be, break the project down (even just in your head) does your hourly rate fit into your project price? look at the price, think about getting halfway through the project and realizing you just ripped yourself off by quoting too low... if you think thats the case, raise it.

Depending on the client, I mentally check my price with the clients situation and try to give a price to them that doesnt make them cry..

That strategy works ok for me.. except for when people dictate prices to me and i cave because im out of work.. DONT DO THAT, its hard on the nerves I find clients found on the net that are looking for freelancers over the net usually want dirt cheap work.. and my strategy weakens then..

take what you want from that

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3