Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1348 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Pixel2Life - Version 5 Released

Thread title: Pixel2Life - Version 5 Released
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Wildcard is offline Wildcard
Expertise:
Software:

Wildcard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Wildcard

Old

Not really a fan of the redesign..looks like it was made using tutorials, not genuine creativity and effects. The greens seem kinda bland and yukky, but the content is great on the site, so I guess it just comes down to which means more to you, content or looks.

10-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

I'm not comparing there infrastructure, i basically said there site is ****, every one said 'why' and i told them. If your a good designer you can design stuff like bbc.co.uk if your a **** designer then you can design stuff like most of the crap you find on talkfreelance and pixel2life.com

read my signature because it really f's me off that I'm a designer and i get paid a good whack of money for designing yet people can't understand that im giving a proffesional fact.

pixel2life.com is a **** interface it doesn't work.

10-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

You didn't actually tell us anything... You just told us to look at two sites.. Hardly feedback.

[A professional designer IMO doesn't swear and get aggressive like you are now, btw....]

I like their content, and content is key. Their design, although not amazing, is definitely an improvement and I overall its is not displeasing to use.

10-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Lee_ is offline Lee_
Expertise:
Software:

Lee_ is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Peter Avey View Post
I'm not comparing there infrastructure, i basically said there site is ****, every one said 'why' and i told them. If your a good designer you can design stuff like bbc.co.uk if your a **** designer then you can design stuff like most of the crap you find on talkfreelance and pixel2life.com

read my signature because it really f's me off that I'm a designer and i get paid a good whack of money for designing yet people can't understand that im giving a proffesional fact.

All of the parts that are bolded is you blowing your own trumpet, spunking out your big headed opinion because you think you're some sort of big shot web guru, when sadly - you're far from that.

If you don't like the crap on Talkfreelance why post here? Your ever growing ego is getting extremely irritating.

10-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Crazymik3 is offline Crazymik3
Software:

Crazymik3 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Crazymik3 Send a message via MSN to Crazymik3

Old

Why does feedback have to be harsh. People are more accepting without out you cursing all over the place, and not really giving any feedback.

P2L has good content, with an interface that works for me.

10-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

Originally Posted by LJR View Post
All of the parts that are bolded is you blowing your own trumpet, spunking out your big headed opinion because you think you're some sort of big shot web guru, when sadly - you're far from that.

If you don't like the crap on Talkfreelance why post here? Your ever growing ego is getting extremely irritating.
Thats correct! How can you win a client when your really quite and don't take control ?.

If any one can tell me/talkfreelance what i actually do for a living then I'll paypal you $100.00... Thats how confident i am.

*hint* yes it does turn out that im a big shot web guru, it's what i do for a living, it's what pays for my child and girlfriend to live a half decent detached 3 bedroom house in a okayish part of town.

10-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Just because you do something for a living or you are a professional at something (I think you are more of the earlier rather than latter at the moment!) it does not mean that you have some God-given right to go around shouting about yourself and generally thinking you own the forum. Not only is your English poor, unrelated to the topic and very illogical, it is getting very tiresome. You were banned before from here, am I correct? I wonder why.

Ps. I was considering hiring you a while back but because of this thread you have now lost a client because you have shown you are far too self confident in your abilities and lack the fundamental ability to be social.

10-02-2009, 08:08 AM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

C'mon guys, lets stop bashing each other and just wish the guy good luck with his site

Whilst the interface may not be everyones flavor - many of us here are not the target market for that type of website. I know plenty of beginners which would find it perfectly usable.

I haven't seen v1/2/3 etc so I can't really give an opinion - most people are saying this version is much better.

Rome wasn't built in a day (neither was the BBC website), so well done on this version and good luck.

10-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Craddock is offline Craddock
Software:

Craddock is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Craddock

Old

it's what pays for my child and girlfriend to live a half decent detached 3 bedroom house in a okayish part of town.
*cough* council house.

The thing is, you think your this big shot. When in actual fact, you're not. I know loads of designers that are far far better than you.

http://peteravey.co.uk/ Hope you didn't design that... Talk about bland.

10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

Whether or not Peter Avey is gods gift to webdesign, whether or not he lives in a mansion or a council house - is all entirely irrelevant to this thread, and indeed this forum.

Granted, blowing his own trumpet in every other post can be irritating but just... don't respond to it. The more he gets attention for it, the more he does it - its a big circle.

Peter, please don't take that as an attack on you, it's merely me trying to put this thread back on track.

How about... if you haven't got anything constructive to say about the poor guys website, just don't post in here?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >