Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1484 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Other Services :

Your Life as an Independent [Whatever]

Thread title: Your Life as an Independent [Whatever]
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Your Life as an Independent [Whatever]

• You've been taking on freelance work when offered for a while, and you're thinking about "going legit" with your working life, or
  • you've already made that leap, and have set up a business, but you're flying by the seat of your pants (as they say around here) and you'd like to make sure you don't crash and burn, or
  • you just graduated, there are no jobs in sight and you're thinking about thinking about going freelance, but you're not sure what you'd do, where or how.

If any of these scenarios sound familiar, I invite you to join my 3-week online workshop, Your Life as an Independent [Whatever]. The next offering will begin on 4 June.

In this online workshop we'll discuss 1) how to talk about yourself, and the work you do 2) who your clients might be, and where to find them 3) the money things--how much you need to start a business or stay in business, how to write or read a budget, talking to others (clients, bankers, your mother) about finances and your business. Sessions combine targeted forum discussions, worksheets and other off-line activities, and group chats, as well as many opportunities for 1:1 discussions with me, your co-participants, and guest experts.

You'll find more information here: http://bit.ly/YL-2-2012, or contact me directly.

Please note: this is not a free workshop. However, I will offer a discount (exact amount tbd but no less than 10%) to TFers who contact me about registration by 20 May.

A bit about me:If you've looked around the business advice section of TF, you may recognize my name: I've been suggesting paths out of business dilemmas and ways to think about the issues that arise once you decide to treat your freelance work as a serious business. I've been an adviser to independent business owners for more than 10 years, and people tend to say wonderful things about my work. You can see some of the comments here

05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

It's not too late to register (though you've missed the discount offer period).