Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 733 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Javascript :

javascrip for send email from webpage??????

Thread title: javascrip for send email from webpage??????
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
buddhi225 is offline buddhi225
Software:

buddhi225 is on a distinguished road

Old  javascrip for send email from webpage??????

hi:

i am new in design webpages, but i study an learning something every day. . .

i make a webpage and in page "contact us" i have a different mails for a different salesman. . . i use "mailito" for link to costumer mailer program; but exist some code, for when the visitor click en email link, appears some screen and the costumer write a "name", "email" "text", "capcha" an send directly to the email and finish and little windows disapears. . .?

maybe is the basic question, but when you are learning every question is hard, i espend a lot a time in google y nothing. . .

help, please. . .

thanks

05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Helmet is offline Helmet
Software:

Helmet is on a distinguished road

Old

Try using a Javascript library like Mootools to build your "modal dialog" as they are called, then you need PHP or similar to actually send the message. You have waded into the deep end my friend.

07-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Viral is offline Viral
Software:

Viral is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but what you want is not possible with JavaScript unfortunately. You can use PHP, and integrate it quite easily. If you use a contact form (HTML Element: Form) and give it an action attribute to a PHP file. If that doesn't make too much sense, you're probably not at the stage to integrate a contact form yet.

07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
RaZoR^ is offline RaZoR^
Software:

RaZoR^ is on a distinguished road

Old

You could do this in JavaScript alone, but the user would be presented with their email application and prompted to click the send button, even after all the information has been entered into the email for them.

If you want to bypass the middle application and have a form submit and the mail be delivered directly, then you're looking at a server-side scripting language, such as PHP, Perl, ASP etc. I'd go for PHP!

It requires learning another language, but PHP isn't all too difficult to pickup compared to other languages, especially for a first programming language, and you could learn how to create the email form without copying other people's code the very same day!

On a side note, hit me up if you would like me to do this for you for a small price

08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Knuxxy is offline Knuxxy
Expertise:
Software:

Knuxxy is on a distinguished road

Old

If you want to send an email via a form, then that cannot be solely done by javascript. You might want to try PHP.