Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1954 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Legal issues

Thread title: Legal issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Sadr is offline Sadr
Expertise: Game Design, Management
Software: Google Chrome

Sadr is on a distinguished road

Old  Legal issues

So, I have this idea now that I've been taking notes for and I have now come up with a possible layout for the site in terms of what it should offer and how the navigation should work. It's a community site, that would earn money through simple ads and possibly low-fee services. I've only thought about this for about a week actually, and obviously it's still just in the hypothetical stage.

Still, let's say I suddenly decided to go for this idea. I would have to hire (preferrably partner with) at least one, probably two web-designers. One for the layout, and one for the coding (that's a quite usual approach isn't it?). Ideally, I would partner with these individuals, because this is the kind of site that needs professional maintainance to stay profitable and useable. But ok, let's say I bought a host and a domain. I get partner up with these two web-designers that create the site for me. They maintain it, while I come up with new ideas for the site; additions, improvements and whatnots.

So; do I have anything to fear from any of these two? Do they have some kind of laws on their side that can let them simply screw my hosted domain and just move the site over to their own spot?
And should they have any reason to fear any kind of trickery I could possibly pull off from my side? I'm not sure if the questions I'm asking are easy to answer, nor easy to comprehend, but I would just like to see if there are certain future scenarios I could prepare myself for so that a possible partnership could go more smoothly.