Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1713 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

what about that one?

Thread title: what about that one?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
02-09-2006, 04:52 PM
controllerboy is offline controllerboy
Expertise:
Software:

controllerboy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to controllerboy

Old

well, there's alot of work on that site. it looks old, frontpage and frameset
here's a few bad points :
main site title : get a title, not 'firstpagemap'
main site favicon : get one
main site images : pixelated, smoothen them up.
main site icons : http://www.eddavin.net/images/firstpagemap_02.jpg and http://www.eddavin.net/images/firstpagemap_03.jpg : crap, get new ones, they lok paint.
main site general : nice idea to use a menu like that, but center everything? now it's not in the middle of your page.
main site background : black does not fit.
pages : do not use framesets, at least use an iframe, that hides everything a bit. framesets are for 1990, or for an 11 year old kid.implement a sider or an image gallery.prints : nice. content is not bad.
http://www.eddavin.net/images/firstpagemap_01.jpg : put some effects on this one, remove the pixelation, black and white effect, and make something nice from it.
e-mail ; use a php contact form, not mailto: . your email adress will be spammed to ****, and visitors will be irritated of outlook popping up when clicking links.
biography : at least do the effort to type everything into the biography document instead of just scanning it in. the '2002' header doesn't help the feeling of surfing on an updated site either.
untitled document titles : get rid of them, put an appropriate title.
images around the whole site : do not put 'back to the top', but use 'main page'

overall : 7.1/10 content , 3.6/10 design.

02-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

You really need to grow up.

If you come to a forum and ask for a review on a website, and then someone tells you what they think of it, you should respect their points. There's no point in then arguing with everyone. As for the design, I'd start over completely. The frames are a big no and the whole design of the site is outdated. You should make it more modern.

02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old

As you said good designs never get outdated, this is clearly not one of them as It looks very old indeed.

I suggest you learn to not press enter after four words and learn to use this section of the forum properly and to accept the feedback and critisism you receive.

02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
AlexK is offline AlexK
Expertise:
Software:

AlexK is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AlexK

Old

Originally Posted by oneimedia
Sorry, I dont know how else to put this but with one word...

Outdated.

This looks like something that was made back in the late 90's. There's nothing visually appealing or user friendly about the site. And it uses frames.
I must agree.
Though, I think it has some kind of charme, and is kind of sexy.
Hmm, strange

"dont you think that you have to know a little before having an educated judgement?"

That is just stupid...
What about yourself?
Maybe post more than just the url?

02-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

I have just 1 suggestion for you zprod69, learn how to use criticism to improve your work.

02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Bas is offline Bas
Expertise: Frontend, vBulletin
Software: Coda, Photoshop

Bas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bas

Old

One comment on usability; do not use Mystery Meat Navigation.

02-09-2006, 08:08 PM
MaxS is offline MaxS
Expertise:
Software:

MaxS is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by velizio
I never knew old people could be so childish...
Agreed. This man is just pathetic.

If you are asking for criticism; take it like a man, not like a little kid. We don't care what classes you have taught, the fact is, your web page is completely outdated and lacking style.

02-09-2006, 08:19 PM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree that it si outdated...i did it a couple of years ago...and now i know what to change....but the client is a painter! so icons that look painted are in order...at least that 's what he thinks!
you are right for the biography It is on the calendar....
and for you boys hot shoots ,I say thanks .
i just made apage dedicaced to you guys! here we go.
http://www.paulelie.com/blueroom.htm

02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by MaxS
Agreed. This man is just pathetic.

If you are asking for criticism; take it like a man, not like a little kid. We don't care what classes you have taught, the fact is, your web page is completely outdated and lacking style.
I have to say that I'm completely astounded at how RUDE some of you have been in this and other recent threads. Some of you have been providing honest and constructive criticism, and I haven't seen the original poster attack anyone who's done that. I've actually seen him respond more in other posts with thanks. But when you give your opinion of someone else's work, no matter what you think of it, try to have some tact! It's not what you're saying that's offensive to him so much as how you're saying it. Lately, I've been ashamed to even come to this community, and that really saddens me, because I used to enjoy it.

Face it. No one likes to change. If an older designer comes here, don't attack them. Make suggestions and encourage them to explore new technologies and trends. This poster has legitimate concerns. English is not his first language. Just because it sounds like whining to you doesn't mean that was the intention. He's expressing himself the best he can. Quite frankly I find it disgusting that so many of you "professionals" are so quick to blow off your elders and people experienced in your field who may have quality advice to contribute down the road. Yet at the same time, many of you take postings about things like business law from 12 and 13-year olds as the gospel truth!

This post isn't directed at every person who posted in this thread. But most of you need to take a good look in the mirror and realize that you're the ones who need to "take it like a man" and grow up. Learn some respect!

02-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jhmattern
I have to say that I'm completely astounded at how RUDE some of you have been in this and other recent threads. Some of you have been providing honest and constructive criticism, and I haven't seen the original poster attack anyone who's done that. I've actually seen him respond more in other posts with thanks. But when you give your opinion of someone else's work, no matter what you think of it, try to have some tact! It's not what you're saying that's offensive to him so much as how you're saying it. Lately, I've been ashamed to even come to this community, and that really saddens me, because I used to enjoy it.

Face it. No one likes to change. If an older designer comes here, don't attack them. Make suggestions and encourage them to explore new technologies and trends. This poster has legitimate concerns. English is not his first language. Just because it sounds like whining to you doesn't mean that was the intention. He's expressing himself the best he can. Quite frankly I find it disgusting that so many of you "professionals" are so quick to blow off your elders and people experienced in your field who may have quality advice to contribute down the road. Yet at the same time, many of you take postings about things like business law from 12 and 13-year olds as the gospel truth!

This post isn't directed at every person who posted in this thread. But most of you need to take a good look in the mirror and realize that you're the ones who need to "take it like a man" and grow up. Learn some respect!
Honestly I don't think it's ever about age, it's about behaviour. He's arrogant, rude and immediately attacks any person criticizing his work.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >