Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1390 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Some Icons i made

Thread title: Some Icons i made
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
05-09-2005, 08:39 PM
blindchild02 is offline blindchild02
Software:

blindchild02 is on a distinguished road

Old

Tarun says:
lol

Tarun says:
nice icons buddy

Tarun says:
*sn iggers*

also, thanks for the IM. real nice

05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

Tarun, I know where youre coming from and I'm sure you have the best of intentions. As BoxedPixels said youre one of my favorite designers as well. Criticism is great especially in design because it only betters us as you pointed out, but there is a way to do it with which you can stay professional as well as get your point across. That's just my two sense.

05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
tarun hari is offline tarun hari
Software:

tarun hari is on a distinguished road

Old

There is no need to flatter me, why is it that I'm such a "good" designer? Because I *listen* to what people have to say about my work. I have done ever since the beginning, I learn from that and thats how I adapt my stuff to attract such a wide spread audience. I don't feel what I said was out of line in any such way. If it was wouldn't Robson the board Administrator have edited my post or deleted it? Or is it because there was truth there, that he found it valid.

Basically, I don't ever wish to phrase my thoughts, (and it is our thoughts we are posting here people) in a way that has to flatter someone in order for me to post it. If they don't agree with what I said, instead of bitching about it why don't they be professional enough to just disown the comment and move on. It's their work, if they don't wish to enhance it any further based upon what they have asked people to supply. Then they won't. But to turn around and blame someone for providing the opinion they asked them for is a little bit crazy don't you think?

05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Basically guys Tarun said what was on his mind when he saw the icons. you cannot say that is wrong to anyone as it is their right to do so.

How about you change to private pm's or a chat program to resolve your issues with the ways tarun replies instead of doing it here as it can damage this community.

Please get back on topic.

05-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

lol i love it when tarun posts because this happens everytime

whats said is said, people give opinions its all good so lets get back to the icons shall we?

in my opinion the icons look good, the envelope could use a little work as suggested, i like the soft blue colour. Look forward to seeing how they look on the completed site

05-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old

EDIT: lets get back on track - Blindchild I couldnt agree more with bazza', I love the soft blue and the look nice, just work on the contact icon a bit more.

You are a good designer, so Im not flattering you in the slightest, just being honest. However I do feel your work and standard is let down by your personality.

I think its also crazy that your this stuborn to believe your opinion is correct, what you said was out of line, this is a place to leave constructive critism and I dont think 'ew. wtf. look at the envelope its horrible and out of proportion' is very constructive, If you wanted to give your opinion then say, 'The other three icons are nice, however I think the contact icon is out of proportion try this.....' and that way blindchild would know what he needed to do to imprive his work and everything would have been fine.

05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
tarun hari is offline tarun hari
Software:

tarun hari is on a distinguished road

Old

I gave him a source of inspiration...
I told him what was wrong with it, and I didn't have to spell out how to fix it...
I know blindchild is capable hence I don't need to patronise him with a tutorial...
I gave him an honest reaction...
I gave him a true opinion...

What I didn't give him was what he wanted to hear... And for this I apologise, so here goes, why don't you all love me for the way I sugar coat what I really think by posting about how nice it really is, when I don't think it is. This way my personality will thrive within the community and you can all post designs and learn nothing from the feedback. Yeah thats a great idea,

Good job BlindChild. I love the soft tone to them! What you did them in Illustrator?! No way dude! That program kicks some major ass. I like shade of blue too... oh what! that envelope looks awesome 'cause its bigger than the rest! Did you do that on purpose? You must know what your doing dude, cause everytime you post people praise the hell out of you! True professional, man no one can teach you anything. Your aw-some. Truely awe-some.

05-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Originally Posted by tarun hari
I gave him a source of inspiration...
I told him what was wrong with it, and I didn't have to spell out how to fix it...
I know blindchild is capable hence I don't need to patronise him with a tutorial...
I gave him an honest reaction...
I gave him a true opinion...

What I didn't give him was what he wanted to hear... And for this I apologise, so here goes, why don't you all love me for the way I sugar coat what I really think by posting about how nice it really is, when I don't think it is. This way my personality will thrive within the community and you can all post designs and learn nothing from the feedback. Yeah thats a great idea,

Good job BlindChild. I love the soft tone to them! What you did them in Illustrator?! No way dude! That program kicks some major ass. I like shade of blue too... oh what! that envelope looks awesome 'cause its bigger than the rest! Did you do that on purpose? You must know what your doing dude, cause everytime you post people praise the hell out of you! True professional, man no one can teach you anything. Your aw-some. Truely awe-some.
I love his sense of humour

Anyway blindchild, anyway of seeing the website you put these icons on?

05-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

Originally Posted by How2Freelance
I love his sense of humour

Anyway blindchild, anyway of seeing the website you put these icons on?
Humor sounds sarcasm to me. Anyway no need to argue about it, its just icons. Some people are harsh but you do have to expect it and take it in the comments area.

05-09-2005, 09:22 PM
hyproVision is offline hyproVision
Expertise:
Software:

hyproVision is on a distinguished road

Old

What a Lovely thread, i love it lol.
Anyway for the Icons they look really nice and unique keep up the good work as always Blindchild!

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >