Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1562 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

20mix Official Thread.

Thread title: 20mix Official Thread.
Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

I personally quite like the new design, for me its the content that counts and the new design makes it nicely accessible.

I do wish however that you would not refer to yourselves as "CEO"s etc (not just this site, but many others I've seen around here lately). I saw something else, I believe it was "Gareth Price Inc" - again complete fabrication.

Best of luck Conrad.

12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
okaymatt is offline okaymatt
Software:

okaymatt is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by spencerp View Post
If you or anyone happens to buy the design, and when or IF I'll be able to get the funds (any funds)... I'll get it off you (them) for more than what you'd paid for it. *cough* Possibly double the price! (If all possible that is though!) I would have just bought it off Aftermath before, but I didn't have any money sigh.
Are you saying that even though you have sold the design once you want to charge who ever buys it from him? Joke right?

12-05-2008, 07:17 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by okaymatt View Post
Are you saying that even though you have sold the design once you want to charge who ever buys it from him? Joke right?
No! Re-read it again! I never bought the design at all! I didn't have the money for it! I'm saying, whoever HAS the design or WILL BUY the design from Conrad, I'd take it off their hands for more than what THEY paid for it. Geesh people, READ!

Example: Obviously Conrad bought it off of Aftermath, if Conrad goes and sells it to Donny Dumb**** for $150.00, then I'd be willing to get it at double the price. That's example only!! And of course, if I even would HAVE the money for it that is...

12-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

I'd rather see the initial focus being on adding new fresh content (for someone who checks the site a couple of times a day, to see no new is dishearting) than flicking from design to design. That can come later once you've developed some healthy roots.

The content is important and I'd really advise hiring a series of professional writers (if you haven't already) and a really good editor. Content is king, as they say, and that's what's really letting 20mix down at the moment. I hope you're not offended, as that isn't my intention at all, but the current articles read like they were written by a school kid (as indeed they were?) with bigger problems to address than spelling and grammar.

On a lighter note, it's nice to see your enthusiasm. Keep on plugging away, pushing out new, informative, fun and interesting articles and you'll be on to a winner.

12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
jm is offline jm
Expertise:
Software:

jm is on a distinguished road

Old

No! Re-read it again! I never bought the design at all! I didn't have the money for it! I'm saying, whoever HAS the design or WILL BUY the design from Conrad, I'd take it off their hands for more than what THEY paid for it. Geesh people, READ!

Example: Obviously Conrad bought it off of Aftermath, if Conrad goes and sells it to Donny Dumb**** for $150.00, then I'd be willing to get it at double the price. That's example only!! And of course, if I even would HAVE the money for it that is...
Dude, why the rant?
He misunderstood you. Big deal?

12-05-2008, 08:21 PM
okaymatt is offline okaymatt
Software:

okaymatt is on a distinguished road

Old

Sorry mate

12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
BetaOrange is offline BetaOrange
Expertise: Design / Coding
Software: Photoshop, iTunes, Firefox

BetaOrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Dude, why the rant?
He misunderstood you. Big deal?
He's not ranting, he's explaining.

12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Originally Posted by Tom Still View Post

I do wish however that you would not refer to yourselves as "CEO"s etc (not just this site, but many others I've seen around here lately). I saw something else, I believe it was "Gareth Price Inc" - again complete fabrication.

Best of luck Conrad.
Where? That's my name!

12-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

Originally Posted by okaymatt View Post
"20Mix has changed designs. I personally believe this design fits the site we’re making and the people we’re reaching out to. Not only that I feel the domain fits this design a lot better."

What????
I do not see the confusion, and just saying what???? says nothing also.

12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

LoL, It's fine. I knew he misunderstood me. It wasn't a rant, it was sarcasm with a sprinkle of "bad tone". My apologizes, I was a little on edge earlier and it just came out on here too. Sorry again.

As for topic of discussion here, I wasn't really worried about the grammar at first, but I do agree with others regarding that though. I, myself, have some pretty bad grammar. Not just with swearing of course, but using punctuation and spelling.

Thinking about it again, the simplicity of the theme is actually a good thing for this type of site too. I guess sometimes I get more wrapped up in HOW it looks, rather then what's there to read and what's being offered to the public. (Oops, my downfall. "The look.")

If we'd judge females the same way, we'd all be trouble I guess... LOL! "Hey sweetie, I chose you because of what's being offered from the inside, not what's on the outside. However, I hate having to shop for clothes for you at the "BIG and HUGE" store... Drat, I should have gone with a size 6 chick.. *kicks stones* "

Anyway, yeah, back on topic here.. *Take it from here someone *

Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >