Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 897 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Tyler's AdSense Mystery: Can You Solve It?

Thread title: Tyler's AdSense Mystery: Can You Solve It?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
05-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Tyler is offline Tyler
Software:

Tyler is on a distinguished road

Old

I was thinking, and I investigated closer into my stats under Pages & Files and further down into Directory by Pages Drilldown and Requested Pages.

It appears that my /cgi-bin is taking 50-60% of traffic (99% of that going to vBulletin) with only 20% going towards /reviews and 15% going to /archive. And /archive is most likely largely comprised of bots spidering it, as it is very bot friendly. )/archive also contains list.pl which is basically the 'master' file the site runs off of, but is supposed to be mostly hidden through the use of mod_rewrite, although I don't know how that factors into the server statistics.)

It's a bit of unfortunate, but understandable and realistic news; only 20% of traffic is really going to read the reviews. If you factor in with this that around 40-50% of that traffic are bots, then that DOES equate to the 10% pageviews that AdSense is seeing. Well, not exactly - there's still a bit of a miscalculation, as there is AdSense on the forums, but it does make the numbers match a lot closer.

So to summarize, it appears that most of the pageviews from Movie Vault are located in the forums - a result that is probably magnified due to fact that bots and spiders particularly like the warm damp environment of vBulletin :P Even though there is AdSense on the forums, there's a fair number of pageviews due to the nature of forums that are part of vBulletin which do not have AdSense. Then there's also the archive in vBulletin that does not contain AdSense.

Anyhow, I believe that is the answer - what do you guys think?

Now, aside from traffic and marketing and all that jazz, I must focus on integrating AdSense better, testing new ads, and all that good stuff.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2