Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2238 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Frame Content Manipulation

Thread title: Frame Content Manipulation
Closed Thread    
11-16-2005, 03:17 AM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old  Frame Content Manipulation

I've been wondering, its for a use I have no time really to post up at the moment but I want to get the thread out before it jumps my mind and I forget completely. I'm wondering if it is possible to manipulate information in a frame from the page, when the frame is not on the originating site? Then, is it possible to manipulate XML Data (not really manipulate... but pull out, because you cannot do XMLRequests over seperate Domains...) from a seperate site through a Frame?

Or will I be forced to give this a go myself to see :P Cause I probably won't get around to it for a while and it would be interesting to know if somebody else knows

11-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Jonny is offline Jonny
Expertise:
Software:

Jonny is on a distinguished road

Old

No you cannot, that would be heaven for phishing sites. (maybe its implemented in IE then?)

As for the second question. You could use php's file() to get the xml file, but other than that I don't know what you could do.

11-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Lol, well I've been trying it in Internet Explorer so obviously not :P Getting annoyed with the Phising Checker myself anyway... it keeps thinking my Host Admin Panel is Suspicious :P It is still a great feature that should be thrown in, heaven for phising sites or not. It is teedious when security comes over functionality. Especially considering there is so much power in a modern Computer, and you still have to make the Server do the transfer if you want off site content.

Yeah that would probably do it. I was trying to stear clear of that because I don't really want the server having to do that much work. I suppose I'll have to put that idea to the side for now. :P Too many ideas! Too many security concerns!

11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Jonny is offline Jonny
Expertise:
Software:

Jonny is on a distinguished road

Old

:O But PHP is open-source! You cannot use that its communist!

11-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Lol, it is not Community because Communism is based on a high level of control from a central government out into republic government and so on down the food chain, over the entire country. Personally I'm a great fan of the central government and closed-economy represented in Communism. Just not too fond of the lack of meritocracy. Nobody wants to go into my Political ideals though :P

Open Source has no control; it is Anarchistic; nobody has control. Just Factions, fighting it out for control of their area, or a larger area, with wars within factions for leader and wars between factions for destruction. That is the software world that Open-Source leads to. Microsoft could be called a lumbering giant, or a monopoly if you want to stretch it. But it is a lumbering giant that keeps the software world together as it is, and keeps it simple. Not UI simple; choice simple. You would not get any singularly powerful or dominant designs in an Open-Source world, you would get hundreds, and nobody without a qualification in Computing would understand it.

Lol, but to the point, I don't use PHP; my team use PHP. They are programming with PHP, I made that decision for one simple reason, not price or superior design, not even ease of use or compatibility. Because my customers would want it and I would limit greatly the use of the Software if I did it in ASP.NET as I begun. I do intend once we have a PHP version to do one in ASP.NET though; to show it is more powerful.

Closed Thread