Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1418 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Invite System?

Thread title: Invite System?
05-04-2011, 10:17 AM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old  Invite System?

Probably been brought up before, but why don't we introduce some sort of invite system? The amount of useless individuals who post around here - most of them just trying to get their post count up.

I know dribbble works off the same principle, could increase the quality of discussion around here. I know you'd argue that it might decrease the amount of activity, but surely you want quality over quantity? Otherwise what is the point?

Say each member gets 4 invites, or an unlimited amount, it really doesn't matter. Might give people a little more pride being a part of this community.

Just a thought.

Thanked by 3 users:
Artashes (05-04-2011), Gaz (05-04-2011), thatjamie (05-04-2011)
05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

While this system has its merits it also has its pitfalls. I wasn't invited here by any member, I found this forum on Google and joined on my own. I'm fairly sure that most other members here came the same way. The only way I'd support this is to have an application system where members who found us on Google can apply.

This sort of system is fairly narrow to communities that only cater to advanced users. Beginner freelancers or those who are thinking of starting would have no one to invite them and there is no reason we should let them in. Developers are also less likely to go with such a system since it is much harder to judge the ability of a coder than a designer.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. We need to clearly and decisively define what we are. Are we a design/development forum? Are we a general freelancing forum? Are we looking to attract beginners, advanced member or both? Decisions made vary greatly on this. Having an invite system would be ideal for a design forum that aims at an advanced crowd but would have little purpose on a freelancer forum that aims at beginners.

Thanked by:
Artashes (05-29-2011)