Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2093 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Blog update - Ezupload… or not so… easy

Thread title: Blog update - Ezupload… or not so… easy
Closed Thread    
03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old  Blog update - Ezupload… or not so… easy

Hi guys, thought i would let you know about my most recent project:

Link: http://wonderboy.mythicx.com/blog/

Ezupload… or not so… easy

I had an idea, and that Idea was to create an image uploading site. Up until now I have created portfolio design after portfolio design, and other websites which have no real purpose. I thought it was time I created a website which people would actually use and one which I could get some satisfaction from.

The idea began, the design was developed, and the website was coded - For Fire Fox anyway. When it can to viewing it in Internet Explorer 6, all was not so well. The layout was well… rather messed up shall we say…? Divs randomly floating, double margins, you know the drill.

I decided the easiest way would be to create a new style sheet for Internet Explorer 6. I found out that there actually wasn’t that much that needed changing; just some margins, padding etc… but apart from that I was happy with how it was going.

So, now we have a style sheet for Fire Fox, and one for Internet Explorer 6. So, I thought I would put the IE6 style sheet in a conditional statement, then when viewed in IE6, all will be fine and dandy. Well… no, no it wasn’t. For some reason, even though it worked perfect outside the conditional statement, when the two style sheets were put together they seemed to be conflicting with each other somehow. So after a mind boggling three days, and some sore eyes, and some help from forums, it was fixed.

The site is ready; the PHP script is working well, only one problem to fix now; my host needed to allow permission to the folder which the files were being uploaded to, to allow the uploaded files to be viewed.

After a few emails, my hopes of having an uploading website was smashed, apparently my host don’t allow permission to the folders in case anything ‘illegal’ was uploaded. This would be very unlikely however because I have set a maximum file size of 2MB for each upload.

So there we have it, my dream of having an upload site temporary smashed until my hosting account expires and I’ll then I’ll try finding something new. Until then I guess its back to the drawing board.

Comments welcome.

Closed Thread