Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 939 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Researching my new project, could do with some help?

Thread title: Researching my new project, could do with some help?
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Lustre91 is offline Lustre91
Expertise:
Software:

Lustre91 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lustre91

Old  Researching my new project, could do with some help?

Alright guys,

I used to post here a few years ago. I made small money making and selling proxy sites. My biggest money-making site however was a site I made called Diva Suite I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put the link? I don't run it anymore but I just want to show you because I'm going to be making a similar site again, if it's worth it.

I made this site because of my passion for wrestling as a kid, and I took advantage of the fact that thousands of people search WWE Divas on Google everyday. I had Zango advertisements on there at the time. I promoted it heavily and when I was running it it was ranked under WWE's own website on Google, so it did really well in only a couple of months. I made about £20-£30 off the Zango a month, which doesn't seem much, but I'd be happy with that right now, as I need to come up with ways to pay off debts, etc. After a couple of months I sold the site for $600. Now I know that the market for this sort of thing has died down now, but I wouldn't be interested in selling it straight away, I want to run it for at least a couple of years if not longer and just keep raking in the money from the ads. What I'm basically asking is, would I still be able to make money off it in the same way? I'm guessing the market decrease wouldn't stop me from promoting it as much as I did, and I could get it ranked highly on Google?

So to summarize, my questions are:

* Are there still easy methods that would allow me to get the site highly ranked on Google?
* Would I still be able to make about £30+ on ads a month?

Those are the two main questions, since I'm not really interested in selling at the moment, but just out of curiosity...

* Would the site be worth much after a couple of years of running it? Or would nobody be interested in buying it anymore?
* Also, how much do you think the original site would be worth now? I sold it for $600 in 2008 and it's still going strong.

Could really do with some feedback so that if it is worth it I can start working on the design.

Cheers guys

Edit - I just found this image to show how much I was makign off Zango, a little bit more than I thought, could it happen again?

ALSO! I've just found this!

http://urlspy.co.uk/www.divasuite.com

£3,295!?? Is it really worth that much now?