Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1367 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Anyone see a big jump in renewal fees with GoDaddy?

Thread title: Anyone see a big jump in renewal fees with GoDaddy?
03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
siteholder is offline siteholder
Software:

siteholder is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Anyone see a big jump in renewal fees with GoDaddy?

I use GoDaddy just as my registrar and currently have 20 domains with them. I have several coming up for renewal in April and was shocked to see that they had jumped by at least 30% over last year. I did find that if I renew over 5 at once, it gives me a bulk discount which will help but still - anyone know why such a large increase?

03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
tommy is offline tommy
Software: MS Word, Firefox, Farm Frenzy

tommy is on a distinguished road

Old

Not sure about the large jump because I only use them as registrar starting from end of last year but if you also heard about latest news, there's supposed to be another increase coming up this June. However, there hasn't been any official word or confirmation from godaddy yet on this.

03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
sequencehosting is offline sequencehosting
Software:

sequencehosting is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by siteholder View Post
I use GoDaddy just as my registrar and currently have 20 domains with them. I have several coming up for renewal in April and was shocked to see that they had jumped by at least 30% over last year. I did find that if I renew over 5 at once, it gives me a bulk discount which will help but still - anyone know why such a large increase?
I have also seen the huge jumps, their prices are always getting more expensive. I think they have every right to increase the prices, as they are now known as one of the best domain registrars. These increases are not likely to loose them customers so I am sure they will continue to raise the price.

03-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

GoDaddy announced price increases a few weeks ago.

Verisign/ICANN price increase on October 14th or 15th. Price increase has yet to be finalized but, it will be at least $0.42 per domain. It has not been confirmed yet but the domains may have the following increase, (.COM - $0.63)(.NET $0.74)(.ORG - $0.22)(.INFO - $0.70)(.BIZ - $1.90). Ask me about renewing early to avoid this price hike.
Their current prices are COM - $9.15, NET - $9.19, ORG - $9.19, BIZ - $8.19, INFO - $3.15 (on sale). https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/regis...5Fhdr=&ci=2629