Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1131 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Saddam Hussein Is Dead

Thread title: Saddam Hussein Is Dead
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
12-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le
1. Then I'm wicked. Do you think I'm wicked? I guess so. That's fine with me. If wanting to rid the earth of scum like Sadaam, then I'll paint wicked all over my bare chest and display it proudly.

2. I don't think in a million years - "torturing" a serial killer, or someone on Sadaam's level (Hitler, Stalin, etc.) would mean that they are stooping to his level. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.
And what is that, revenge. I'm not trying to get into a heated debate with you, and I'm a big fan of much of your work.

For me, an eye for an eye, Hamurabi's ancient Babylonian law, seems savage.

Revenge is a horrible trait to have. Punishment past Justice is savage and Wrathful.

I'm a much different thinker than many people are, and I know where you're coming from. Not calling you wicked or anything, just showing where I stand on the subject.

12-30-2006, 06:00 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

I believe that saddam deserved what he got, and no more. We must not sink down to his level, if we do what better are we then him?

offtopic: Dont turn this into anything about bush, it will turn into a flame war and headache on my part.

12-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Originally Posted by Cole
And what is that, revenge. I'm not trying to get into a heated debate with you, and I'm a big fan of much of your work.

For me, an eye for an eye, Hamurabi's ancient Babylonian law, seems savage.

Revenge is a horrible trait to have. Punishment past Justice is savage and Wrathful.
I love debates - it's a friendly debate, and we'll keep it at that. I appreciate that you like my work, but we don't need to get personal

Anyways...

As for your quote - punishment past justice is savage and wrathful...

How about for those who see death as justice? Now, if I were to go kick his body after he died, then I guess your quote would make sense. But I believe the only way to seek justice in Sadaam's case is eye for an eye.

I'll believe you when you can tell me, truthfully, that you would not be willing to press the button that would send your mother's killer to hell...

Better yet...

You don't need to press the button. Simply sitting back during the trial, and allowing the death sentence to be given is on the same level.

Better yet...

This man has killed your entire family. Would you still not seek any sort of punishment?

Let's not fantasize about a perfect utopia where we all make millions of babies, live a comfortable life style, and chase butterflies and unicorns.

12-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

I love debates - it's a friendly debate, and we'll keep it at that. I appreciate that you like my work, but we don't need to get personal

Anyways...

As for your quote - punishment past justice is savage and wrathful...

How about for those who see death as justice? Now, if I were to go kick his body after he died, then I guess your quote would make sense. But I believe the only way to seek justice in Sadaam's case is eye for an eye.

I'll believe you when you can tell me, truthfully, that you would not be willing to press the button that would send your mother's killer to hell...

Better yet...

You don't need to press the button. Simply sitting back during the trial, and allowing the death sentence to be given is on the same level.

Better yet...

This man has killed your entire family. Would you still not seek any sort of punishment?
Heh.

I would allow Justice, the law of the land to take it's course. I would seek punishment, I would testify against him. Generally what I'm saying is that anything past Justice is wicked.

I'm sided along with Village Idiot. He deserved the death sentence, but he did not deserve more, nothing less. But, as I said, I would never kill anyone by my own hand unless I would be forced into it or a higher stature would tell me to (As in God).

Saddam killed many, but he is not any worse than that old guy on the other side of town that killed his wife.

12-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Originally Posted by Cole
Saddam killed many, but he is not any worse than that old guy on the other side of town that killed his wife.
I don't agree with that statement one bit. A guy who gets one F on a paper, as bad as the guy who gets F's on over 2,000 papers? I'm no good with analogies, but hopefully that'll make sense...

By advocating death, or the death sentence, you are just as guilty as everyone else who kills the guy. You're on the same level as us all.

12-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

I don't agree with that statement one bit. A guy who gets one F on a paper, as bad as the guy who gets F's on over 2,000 papers? I'm no good with analogies, but hopefully that'll make sense...

By advocating death, or the death sentence, you are just as guilty as everyone else who kills the guy. You're on the same level as us all.
Go Bryan!

Sorry Cole, I agree with everything has been said by Bryan, some of your stuff is interesting but I feel Bryan beats you.

Bryan, get on a instant messaging client soon, we need to talk.

12-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Indie is offline Indie
Expertise:
Software:

Indie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Indie

Old

This is gunna provoke so much more violence in Iraq now. I'm pretty sure it would have been a better idea to give him life imprisonment in a high-security jail.

12-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Just proves that justice moves much more swifter outside of our country =/ He'd still be waiting for it in one of our jails if it was us.

12-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Indie
This is gunna provoke so much more violence in Iraq now. I'm pretty sure it would have been a better idea to give him life imprisonment in a high-security jail.
This year I will be paying taxes, I don't want to pay for a sick son-of-a-bitch in a prison of ours.

12-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Why is everyone bent out of shape over Saddam being 'ended', but no one bats an eye at the thousands of innocent Iraqis the American Troops are killing? How odd.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >