Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1491 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

My Paypal Horror Story

Thread title: My Paypal Horror Story
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
03-24-2009, 03:10 AM
mjwalsh is offline mjwalsh
Software: Dreamweaver - Notepad++

mjwalsh is on a distinguished road

Old  My Paypal Horror Story

Most people have one, however mine ended a bit more worse then others heh as you will soon find out.

It all started on the 10th of March. A client of mine submitted a dispute because they no longer wanted to do their website. However seeing as the payment was more then 45 days old the paypal system automatically closed it. Once I realized how the client felt I immediately refunded his money.

Two days later on the 12th of March I get woken up to my painfully loud house telephone ringing. I answer it, it's a paypal support rep (uh oh, is always the first thing that comes to my mind). She starts talking to me about that disputes the client submitted on the 10th and I said that I had already refunded him, told her the transaction ID and she said "Oh, okay were good then, thanks for the information!". I said yeah..sure and went to bed. Woke up about two hours later, logged onto my computer to check my email. What do you know, I get an email from paypal saying that my account has limited access due to an excessive risk assosiated with my account. I followed the steps they required me to do in order to return my account back to normal one of which included submiting my SSN (Social Security Number).

I submitted that, the next day on the 13th I got an email saying that the information I submitted was not enough and I needed to fill out a SSN affedavit form with a scanned picture of my SSN and drivers license. Naturally I said, no ****ing way lol. So I called paypal and got for one of the first times ever, a really nice lady on the phone that actually cared about what I had to say and after explaining to her my situation she unlocked my account and said the usual "Sorry for the inconvenience".

So it's all going good for a few days I've forgotten the situation thinking that it's all past me, boy was I wrong. On the 17th of March my account gets limited again for the same lame excuse "We have found excessive risk". So I submitted all the information AGAIN and once again the next day on the 18th I get an email saying they need more information. I called again to pull the same thing I did last time but this time the guy wouldn't budge and I had to end up sending in the affedavit form. So I do that, hoping for the best.

The next day I get an email back saying that my pictures were taking with a digital camera and that they needed a scan. Angerly, I send them yet another fax (keep in mind I don't have a fax machine so everytime I do this I gotta back the currency exchange $5 to fax it) hoping for the best. Now originally the guy said that once I send in the fax I have to call in to verify they got it and from then on it would take 24 hours to process. So I call in, the guy on the phone says that I did not need to call in however there was nothing he could do until the account reviews start to take a look at it which could take 24-48 hours. I said okay whatever and hung up. 48 hours later on the 20th I called back stating still no email guys what's going on!? They said oh I'm sorry sir it takes 48-72 hours to process. I said, if it's not done by tomorrow I demand to know what's going on and hung up. Sure enough the next day (21st) rolls around and still nothing. So once again, I call in. They state that I forgot to include the fax cover sheet available on their website. I screamed at the guy saying well the original guy never said anything about this I just sent in the damn affedavit form he told me to. So I went back to the currency exhange and sent it in. And once again I waited.

This time I got a response the next day! It's the 22nd now, I'm extremely annoyed that I have no access to anything regarding paypal with over a thousand dollars sitting in there. So I wake up on the 22nd to an email from paypal saying the process has been concluded. I get excited that this is finally done with...until I read the email that is.

The email stated, and I quote... "We have reviewed your PayPal Account, and due to the excessive risk involved, we would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds." For a few hours I was numb to the situation. I sat there just thinking, is this a dream? It's like if you win the lottery, for the first few days or weeks you can't quite realize how much money you just got and it's only later once you start spending it do you really realize what you have. Well that's exactly how I felt except my lottery was like a bag of dog **** getting lit on fire while sitting in my lap. So I call paypal to ask about the situation. I am on the phone for no joke, 8 hours straight talking with people, getting transferred to managers, account review people, and everyone. So finally I give up and tell them to just have the lady who delt with my case call me please. Naturally I never heard back. I've given up now.

So that's my story, it sucks yeah. I've found a good alternative, I've registered myself and my name as a business in the state of Illinois and I can now charge any major credit card or paypal account straight to my business bank account. So it's not all that bad because honestly it's about time I did something like this. I'm not really minding how this turned out however I wish I could get the last week or two of my life back.

So that's my story, hope you all enjoyed the read, and if not well sorry...

P.S. I'm bored...here's what I think of paypal...

PHP Code:
<?
if($PayPal != $GayScam) {
    echo
"Bull****!";
}
elseif(
$PayPal == $GayScam) {
    echo
"You are to right, sir!";
}
?>

03-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Sam Asante is offline Sam Asante
Software:

Sam Asante is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Asante

Old

Sorry to hear about your loss!

If you need to make the money back to pay bills etc, I can make you a few free website designs and you can sell them on to get the money back.

Portfolio: http://www.asantedev.com

Just trying to help,
Sam

03-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Your CE charged you $5 for faxes? O.O Last time I was there I paid maybe 50cents O.O

So did Paypal ever explain to you exactly what prompted them to the final decision of closing your account?

03-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Sahil is offline Sahil
Expertise:
Software:

Sahil is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Sahil Send a message via MSN to Sahil

Old

And that's why you never hold money in PayPal for anything longer than a few days. PayPal isn't great but it's the best we've got so far.

03-24-2009, 06:47 AM
alexleeds is offline alexleeds
Expertise:
Software:

alexleeds is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to alexleeds Send a message via MSN to alexleeds Send a message via Skype™ to alexleeds

Old

Yeah, it's always good to hook a bank account up to your paypal account and transfer 90% of your paypal cash to the back account for safe keeping, but then again your bank could go under and then your really ****ed.

03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Alex, that is why we use FDIC Insured banks. lol

Mike, I recall some transaction problems with you in the past. I don't remember if our problem resulted in a PayPal claim, but is there more to the story?

Anyhow, I do wish you the best of luck because you will need your PayPal account. Keep us posted and don't give up.. Call them daily, multiple times if you have to.

03-24-2009, 01:24 PM
handslicemarketing is offline handslicemarketing
Software:

handslicemarketing is on a distinguished road

Old

sad to hear that dude... but for now i am not having any trouble with paypal.. hope that never will...

03-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Take them to a small claims court, that's seriously unacceptable.

03-24-2009, 03:00 PM
eXthusMedia is offline eXthusMedia
Software:

eXthusMedia is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah Paypal seem to be able to get away with a ridiculous amount of BS. They have locked my account before for 180 days for no real reason. Denied me access to my money for 180 days!

03-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

Where the **** does the time of 180 days come from? Who the **** decided on that? It's total bull**** if you ask me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >