Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1651 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Automated RPM -- Revenue Per Thousand -- the unreachable metric?

Thread title: Automated RPM -- Revenue Per Thousand -- the unreachable metric?
Closed Thread    
10-09-2005, 09:59 AM
daveguy001 is offline daveguy001
Software:

daveguy001 is on a distinguished road

Old  Automated RPM -- Revenue Per Thousand -- the unreachable metric?

A while back there was a company (albeit in the adult web industry) that announced an automated system for tracking advertising and sales on a "revenue per thousand impressions/clicks" basis, where that was the metric used to buy ads rather than CPM. To me this seems like the ultimate new model for tracking online sales if it is even possible to automate the entire process. Now I'm not a programmer or anything but I see two different ways this might be accomplished:

A. Offer a software package to the site owner that he/she can implement on their own (sort of like existing tracking software) to track all aspects of the business -- buying ads, purchases, costs, revenue, etc.

B. Set up an online network with certain advertising and selling partners, allowing one to track all aspects of the business. For example, Google or CNN.com might be part of the network, and Amazon.com could also be on the network. The site owner can become part of this network to have advertising tracked on an RPM basis. When they buy ads through one of the partners, everything can be tracked this way.

Now I'm sure there are some holes in the above models, but that's why I'm posting this in the first place. Is this idea just reinventing the wheel or would it even be possible or worthwhile? Is it already done and I'm just not seeing it? Thanks.

10-09-2005, 10:07 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes, I believe this is already been done Automated purchasing/tracking of adverts? On this forum we have stats software with our rotators that tracks impressions/clicks etc. Over at namepros.com they use a automated system where people can buy banner space and then setup their own campaigns. Is this what you mean?

10-09-2005, 11:32 AM
daveguy001 is offline daveguy001
Software:

daveguy001 is on a distinguished road

Old

Not exactly. I'm going a bit further than that, more about buying and selling ads on an RPM basis, not just something that manages buying and selling and tracks clicks, etc. It would be sold and marketed as RPM advertising which I've never seen before.

10-09-2005, 01:09 PM
AlexK is offline AlexK
Expertise:
Software:

AlexK is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AlexK

Old

I must admit, I don't really understand it.
What's the difference on RPM, and CPM?
Sorry...

Closed Thread