Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1953 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Entrepreneurs, anyone?

Thread title: Entrepreneurs, anyone?
Closed Thread    
10-26-2006, 11:06 PM
art ico is offline art ico
Expertise:
Software:

art ico is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to art ico

Old  Entrepreneurs, anyone?

I am looking to become a entrepreneur right out of highschool as I attend university. For my senior year I am taking numerous classes on entrepreneurship, business info systems, accounting, and other business management courses. For some of these classes we had already interviewed many business leaders for a project. A lot of interesting people have come in and taught me a lot about opening up your own business.

What this thread was planned for was to discuss about entrepreneur goals/tips/ideas/etc...

Is anyone here an entrepreneur and/or currently own or manage a business?

I'd be interested to talk to some business professionals if there are any here. If you would like to be interviewed please post your AIM along with your job position and any other information.

I would rather them not to be online businesses, as they are handled completely different than non-internet based businesses.

PS: Please no fighting/un-needed comments in here. I really would like to learn more about what others have to offer as far as information.

10-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

I am very much in the same mindset as you and would love to hear from some people that are appart of the entrepreneur culture so to speak.

However I plan to take a Business/Commerce degree before doing so to gain some backup for my effort if at any point does not work out for me (something to fall back on).

Hopefully there are a few people who can share their experience.

10-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

I currently run a side business of a pickup and repair computer service Not an online business like you were requesting (On the side of freelancing )

And right now I'm in conversation with a larger corp, creating a large networking business with a larger corp backing my advertising and referral customer base.

Plus, I freelance if you can consider that a business :P

And in addition to that, when summer comes around, I have 2 great ideas for 2 small self-maintaining businesses I want to start. Kind of taking an new spin on old outlooks to say the least

My goals are really to get the networking business up, and I'd like to start my own print shop when I have the funding for the printers, etc.

10-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yes, exactly.

I would be majoring in business management and accounting in university when beginnnig the business. It would most likely be started in the second year of enrollment.

Glad to see someone else is as interested in entrepreneurship as I am.

10-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett
I currently run a side business of a pickup and repair computer service Not an online business like you were requesting (On the side of freelancing )

And right now I'm in conversation with a larger corp, creating a large networking business with a larger corp backing my advertising and referral customer base.

Plus, I freelance if you can consider that a business :P

And in addition to that, when summer comes around, I have 2 great ideas for 2 small self-maintaining businesses I want to start. Kind of taking an new spin on old outlooks to say the least

My goals are really to get the networking business up, and I'd like to start my own print shop when I have the funding for the printers, etc.
How are you going about promoting your businesses?

10-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by art ico
How are you going about promoting your businesses?

It depends on which you're asking about.

I'm always happy to explain things on MSN to those willing to listin and learn

10-29-2006, 04:46 PM
evan2all is offline evan2all
Expertise:
Software:

evan2all is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi

I am one of them... Actually not that experienced.

It is only 1 year that I have started my own business. Without any invest (only expense was to get a trade license).

I don’t know about you and your environment. But according to my situation I may discus something here…….

I am a student and studding in computer science in one of our local university (Bangladesh). You may know that in our country we are not that fast. But we are going for our IT sector very fast. Not many organizations or business have their website either. So I thought that why not go for a web master course and start with my creativity. I was trying to build my self as a webmaster and also trying to get a project. After 3 years I found one. My first project as a freelancer. The amount wasn’t that bad. But I realize that our local business doesn’t understand the value of a website. They want it in very cheap cost. Sometimes it is not affordable for the developers (as a freelancer) also. They only go for reputed company. So I though why not place my own company. I studied a lot on small business but never involved with reality. Now I have involved myself in small business and outsourcing world.

I already have 7 clients (local) and 1 international client (from UK). Now I am trying to outsource my services only. Within 1 year I understand that I have to pay more and will have to be more experienced to get my local business. But I can easily grab some international clients because our (in Bangladesh) hourly rate is so cheap and we are professional also. My company (home based) is less than 1 year of age. As I don’t have to expend much I can get some practical experience; both from business management and in development skill.

Thank you,

Shajed Zaman
ITVISION
Developer
www.itvisiononline.com

Closed Thread