Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1697 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

How do *you* prototype?

Thread title: How do *you* prototype?
Closed Thread    
11-24-2006, 06:00 PM
va1damar is offline va1damar
Software:

va1damar is on a distinguished road

Old  How do *you* prototype?

I'm wondering how everyone else creates prototypes/comps to represent a new site design. I'm using the terms (perhaps incorectly) to mean a static, non-functional picture of the web page. What tools do you use? The standard adobe products or by hand or other products? What's quick & easy?

11-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

normaly, you make a template in photohsop then code it, you can export the psd to a jpg or something to make a preview

11-24-2006, 07:19 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

some say my process takes too long, but it goes like this:
  1. sketch pad - basic placement wire frame for architecture - just boxes with '{ITEM} here' to establish how the site will be constructed
  2. bigger book for storyboard sketches - larger more detailed pencil sketch. takes into accomodation for shapes, rough size estimates, colours, type choices, functionality notes and basic "detail" sketches is i get a detailed idea fast enough. i make seperate sketches for each page that has a unique page layout - ie home/splash, content pages, conact + site uniques.
  3. photoshop interface template with lorem ipsum filler for type, graphic (header/menu heights etc) and margin sizing. just one template to establish look and feel.
  4. photoshop refinements of storyboards (long process) - all the intense graphic design detail - place holders are replaced by final designs/photos/content. page layout is adjusted according to content. basically the actual design stage. if there's flash involved i create as much in illsutrator as possible and import to photoshop for placement/alignment.
  5. import the illustrator files and begin animating. esport swfs to localhost directory
  6. localhost build out - i build out the unique page designs in xhtml/css to get my template code ready. if it runs off a database, i set up the tables, plus in some dummy content and begin the templating process. if it's static, i just build out the remaning pages.
  7. test, refine, repeat

Closed Thread