Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1222 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Do I have to create proposal for description of work in my contract ?

Thread title: Do I have to create proposal for description of work in my contract ?
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
bbbkkk is offline bbbkkk
Software:

bbbkkk is on a distinguished road

Old  Do I have to create proposal for description of work in my contract ?

Hello.

I am a webdesigner and I would like to have a contract for me and for my clients.

I have searched the google for website design contract .
I found few examples of contracts for website designing .

Here is the site with contract template :
http://www.zenfulcreations.com/resou...n_contract.htm

I have the contract template and I understand everyhting . There is "CONFIDENTIALITY" point , "PAYMENT SCHEDULE" and the other points.
And there is "DESCRIPTION OF WORK" point with text :
"A separate Proposal will describe the Work that is required of Consultant for the Client."

My question is : Do I really have to have the seperate proposal desribing the design work or may I have only text that states that I will do the website design for my client ?

Sorry but my english is not good today .

Thanks in advance , Bartek

04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Do you *have* to include a separate proposal describing what you plan to do?

No. A good contract will always include a scope of work but that criterion does give you a lot of leeway.

Should you include detailed information about the design work, either as a separate proposal (to which you refer), an appendix to your contract or as a detailed list within it?

Probably. The more information you include--the more specific your contract may be--the less likely it is that your client will misinterpret what you intend. Removing misunderstandings is one purpose for having a contract in the first place.

There are many ways to handle this however, from a detailed and highly specific proposal, to a laundry list of everything you might ever do with a check off box to indicate which items are covered. If you do that, though, don't forget to leave space to add notes about details: if. for example is supplying some but not all images, hotographs you want to make sure that number and type are specified...

04-18-2012, 04:27 PM
bbbkkk is offline bbbkkk
Software:

bbbkkk is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello. Thank You very much for Your answer Lowengard.

You wrote " There are many ways to handle this however, from a detailed and highly specific proposal, to a laundry list of everything you might ever do with a check off box to indicate which items are covered. "
So as I assume I can make proposal with list of items to create for client.
May I do it by myself creating checkboxes or should I do it with help of lawyer ?

04-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

You can do whatever you like :^)

However, if you want to be sure your contract is valid according to the laws where you work you certainly should find a local lawyer who can help you.

In general it is less expensive if you draft something and present it for review. The alternative -- you find a someone who knows enough about your type of business to understand its ins and outs, or you sit down with the lawyer to explain in detail--can be pricey, time consuming or both.