Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1660 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

New to web design business need guidance!

Thread title: New to web design business need guidance!
Closed Thread    
11-13-2008, 04:16 AM
antortaylor is offline antortaylor
Software:

antortaylor is on a distinguished road

Old  New to web design business need guidance!

I’ve just started up a web design business, and I am looking for some good ways to expand my business. As I am new to this business I also want to have some guidance from you people. Are there any ways of getting into the technicalities of setting up an internet based business?

11-15-2008, 05:26 PM
wilson is offline wilson
Software:

wilson is on a distinguished road

Old

Setting up a business is really something that should be done having enough of knowledge and keeping all aspects in mind. You can check out Banner Blindness. It’s your chance to own a successful web design business. There are lots of things which should be in mind before starting a business. You will get extensive information to get started and maintain a profitable web design business.

<MOD NOTE: Fake signatures are not allowed.>

11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
kmknight is offline kmknight
Software:

kmknight is on a distinguished road

Old

As far as the legal terms go, it will vary on your location.

If you're within the US, I know that online business regulations aren't too steep. I'm in Iowa, and I didn't even need to get a business no. I'm not sure about other countries however.

12-06-2008, 10:01 PM
rdgal is offline rdgal
Software:

rdgal is on a distinguished road

Old

Honestly, if you are new to web design you might want to do some freelance work to build up your portfolio. There are a lot of opportunities online through sites like oDesk where you can do small jobs and get the experience under your belt. I mention that site in particular because there is no cost involved and the pay is guarenteed.

Good luck to you!

12-07-2008, 02:55 AM
dvduval is offline dvduval
Software:

dvduval is on a distinguished road

Old

My first advice is to make helping people your first goal. If you are new, help people for free sometimes. As you help people, over time more and more, there is going to be a value placed on your work. I did a lot of work for free (or cheap) for a couple of years before it began to pay off. Now, I find that even with a full staff of about 8 employees, I still have trouble staying organized and keeping up with all the work flow. But just remember that it is helping people that should be the basic premise for everything you do. You should help because you want to help. Don't always think of the return. If you can actually think this way, the return will be more than you ever imagined.

02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
johnkelso is offline johnkelso
Software:

johnkelso is on a distinguished road

Old

Get your own web hosting account setup and start practicing. There are usually classes you can take online and a lot of other resources for developing these skills.

Practice. You can also learn a lot from other websites both design and development. There is a lot of free php and mysql code out there to start the process of learning.

Just keep after it.

<URL snipped>

02-08-2009, 12:05 PM
jakejames is offline jakejames
Software:

jakejames is on a distinguished road

Old

Wouldn't it be better if you start off freelance?

Closed Thread