Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 989 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

tf changes

Thread title: tf changes
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old  tf changes

I have been gone awhile but I was hoping to come back and there be some new changes, wishful thinking to say the least.

Its been over 2 years since the new owner took over this site and nothing has changed...more members gone and ideals dangled in our faces that never materialized.

I was looking at the design poll, there was feedback given but it is a year old thread. I have come to the conclusion that nothing will ever change here! You have to offer new and exiting things to your members and quit jerking them around with a chain with false ideas that are never going to happen. Its a shame as there was still hope for this forum but you have slept through the last 2 years since you took it over.

Regards
triadink

03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Lucas is offline Lucas
Software:

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old

I haven't posted in years, but I agree.

03-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

If you just look at the visual changes, you are right, we haven't upgraded the new theme yet. What you don't see is the work that has been taking place behind the scenes, most of which has to do with design and coding. The actual designing of the new look kicked off in 2011, not right after I purchased TF. I had a list of other priorities that had to be addressed after the transfer and they took months to accomplish. Additionally, as with any development process, unforeseen delays can (and in my case - always) occur.

And while we talk about forum successes, triadink, how is FreelanceFirst doing?

03-14-2012, 01:45 PM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

Well...like everything in life...the best things come to those that wait. Artashes, you've done a great job of hyping up the new release, I must say. But that hype has to be backed up by something visual - as triadlink is saying. I don't think its going to make a difference if its released today, or in a couple of months. If it is implemented properly, and patiently - it will be successful. If it is rushed, its doomed to fail.

I don't appreciate you hitting out at triadlink however. You're the leader of the forum and should show compassion - especially with regards to any sort of web-development by the members here!

03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
alihs is offline alihs
Expertise: design, PHP, Wordpress, SEO
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++, Firefox

alihs is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, on my part, i would like to see more activity on the blog

03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by nomatch View Post
I don't appreciate you hitting out at triadlink however. You're the leader of the forum and should show compassion - especially with regards to any sort of web-development by the members here!
I would agree if Triadink came to contribute or help. All he does is come and whine about things. Look at his post, all he did was come and say that we are never going to succeed. With "help" like that it is a valid question how well his forum is doing.

03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Other than upgrading and skinning vBulletin, what else are you doing?

You need to do something to keep regulars interested. Staff barely talk about TF and when they do it's because someone has bugged and pressured them into a response. I see several staff have left and not a single word from them or you, Artashes. Other than a few regular faces, there is absolutely zero community spirit any more.

This whole episode has become worse than tutorialforums / neverside.

03-15-2012, 09:13 PM

Old

Well...like everything in life...the best things come to those that wait. Artashes, you've done a great job of hyping up the new release, I must say. But that hype has to be backed up by something visual - as triadlink is saying. I don't think its going to make a difference if its released today, or in a couple of months. If it is implemented properly, and patiently - it will be successful. If it is rushed, its doomed to fail.

Thank you for your confidence, nomatch. My luck in development has always been near disastrous and because of it I have always spent triple when I came to any kind of design/development work done. I've learned to live with it. Your thinking is exactly like mine - I want to put out a product that works and that is great rather than halfway done.

I've asked on the forum before if the community wants to wait till absolutely everything is done before making any changes we have been preparing, or if we can upgrade the vBulletin to the latest version (a default theme) which will allow us to implement some of the custom back-end applications today. However, I've gotten the sense from a few members that they'd rather wait. I know it is the right thing to do as well. After all, we are a "development" driven community. However, I cannot wait till the apps VG custom coded are introduced - I think those will be met extremely positively by our members.

I wouldn't call it a "hit". As VG noted above, when a member has never been positive about any of the work that we have been doing with TF, I equally do not appreciate such tone as it affects other members as well (including members of staff). I can easily handle it and I have been nothing but friendly and positive to everyone who has provided constructive criticism, as well as those who have been just taking little negative stabs here and there every chance they got. I've been managing the communities for many years, I have seen it all, yet I have never allowed myself to talk in anything other than professional tone with everyone involved, whether in public or in private. However, when someone who is/was running a copycat of TF does that, with direct conflict of interest, dissing us over and over again, I simply find it unprofessional and unethical. I am not going to get into this beyond this little remark, I'd rather spend time seeking out sources of additional financing that we need for this community to grow with talent and ideas again. Cheers.

Originally Posted by alihs View Post
Well, on my part, i would like to see more activity on the blog

I briefly mentioned in the comment above that I'm working on finding that additional financing that I can commit to the blog. But considering we haven't actually launched the blog yet, I'd say there is no way but up from here. The good news is that we have the talent pool of people who can take care of the blog.

03-15-2012, 09:22 PM

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Other than upgrading and skinning vBulletin, what else are you doing?

You need to do something to keep regulars interested. Staff barely talk about TF and when they do it's because someone has bugged and pressured them into a response. I see several staff have left and not a single word from them or you, Artashes. Other than a few regular faces, there is absolutely zero community spirit any more.

This whole episode has become worse than tutorialforums / neverside.
It is mostly the skin + the blog + the secret little app that VG developed that we'll execute with the upgrade.

As far as the other couple of staffers you are most likely referring to, they will be on temporary leave for various reasons (all respectable mind you). I haven't had the chance to change their account status for now, but I would consider VG and myself as the only pro-active community leaders for now.

I believe that with the changes that I mentioned, many faces will resurface as the new content and new skin is equally joyful as it is creative enough to renew the interest and the community spirit once again. Our projects will definitely show commitment to this community for years to come.

03-19-2012, 10:28 AM
alihs is offline alihs
Expertise: design, PHP, Wordpress, SEO
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++, Firefox

alihs is on a distinguished road

Old

Looking forward to it, but you can count on it that some of the guys here have your back

Thanked by:
Artashes (03-20-2012)
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >