Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 874 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

Thread title: The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
01-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Russ is offline Russ
Expertise: Web Consulting
Software:

Russ is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Russ Send a message via MSN to Russ

Old

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
To be fair, hardly.
I guess my point was he wrote you that, and on here:

Last Activity: 12-15-2012 07:24 PM

Yet he makes the effort to post on that group, even though it's hardly.

01-16-2013, 10:33 PM
axg is offline axg
Software:

axg is on a distinguished road

Old

Has anyone considered just making a new freelance forum? There should be enough life here still to get another growing

01-17-2013, 04:07 AM
GoldtoShine is offline GoldtoShine
Software:

GoldtoShine is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to GoldtoShine

Old

Originally Posted by axg View Post
Has anyone considered just making a new freelance forum? There should be enough life here still to get another growing

No, there really isn't. If you would of seen these forums a few years back. The marketplace was so alive. It is now dead, and what may seem to be forever gone.

Brings a tear to my eye :'(

01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I guess my point was he wrote you that, and on here:

Last Activity: 12-15-2012 07:24 PM

Yet he makes the effort to post on that group, even though it's hardly.
He posts on Hosting Discussion every couple of days, recently (22 times since his last visit over here). Admittedly, it's not a lot of activity but it's not none. It looks like he is just prioritising his limited time and unfortunately that means TalkFreelance gets no attention whatsoever.

Originally Posted by axg View Post
Several have tried, over the years. Where are they now?

Originally Posted by GoldtoShine View Post
No, there really isn't. If you would of seen these forums a few years back. The marketplace was so alive. It is now dead, and what may seem to be forever gone.
The marketplace wasn't the only part of the site that was alive.

01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

vVv is on a distinguished road

Old

I'd just like to say this though, because I feel it needs to be said, no matter what the outcome of this is... I've been eying this place since my banning/departure years ago. And I've always had my heart into this place since being staff, and as a regular user here as well. I think that's partly the reasons why I kept "breaking the rules", rejoining constantly as different users and accounts. Because, I don't/didn't want kept from being here. :P

I know my love and admiration of this is also the why, of the banning as well. Because I took the love I had for TFL itself, strongly and I was being "over protective" of it in general (as you might say) with getting cocky and ranting about things not done fast enough, or some things not being implemented that I suggested, which I felt would help this place in long run... (also the alcohol didn't help either sigh)

I don't want banned yet again though either, but rather get my old original account (spencerp) back cause of the reputation and etc, and maybe get the other ones merged to the original one lol. Same for other "elder members" here that were banned. Alot of those guys, were good guys too, and we all just made "mistakes" in the past, and that's expected, we're humans. But I feel everyone should have a fresh start here again though.

Get everyone back like before, get that love flowing strongly again like before. I always learned something from someone here at any given time too. I just love this place, nothing could replace TFL, and I miss the old days when I first joined here originally. I really want to see it back to it's old self again.

01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Spencer, you can't blame your love for the site for your banning.

You will never get all of your accounts merged. The only foreseeable outcome, at least in my mind, of your post is you getting banned again. Of course, it would require administration input, so then again you might be okay.

01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

We've known about this account for some time. We figured it was easier not to ban as long as no trouble was being made. The chances of getting SpencerP back are zero, we had cause to ban ten times over. There is no discussion to be had one this, it's over.

01-23-2013, 12:01 AM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

Old

I just don't understand why you're so upset with me and my past doings, like I murdered a family member or something... I can't understand it, I never once hacked the site, I never did anything seriously wrong to this site at all. People hold bad grudges for too long lol, unhealthy haha. And it was the love for the site that was reason, but at same time, I shouldn't have been drinking and going off.. But everyone does that at some point, it's human nature. I'm not Jesus, I ain't perfect.. no one is... Village even made mistakes, but was given second chance and even put back on staff.. You all acting like I was the worst thing ever to this site, when I'm not. But it is what it is... The site is dead, I don't think anything would ever come from it anymore anyway.. sad shame. Freelancefirst.com has more chance for recovery again. Not sure how you knew this account was me either.. stalkers much :P

01-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

If you hacked the site or anything we would have immediately banned the current account you're using. The very fact you are here posting shows that you're being treated nicer than past banned members. If Randy was to show back up I wouldn't think twice before banning him.

I knew the account was you because you were making so many alts I regularly monitored the IPs of new members; if it was from PA it was most likely you. Your style of posting is also easy to spot.

Thanked by:
vVv (01-23-2013)
01-23-2013, 01:44 AM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
If you hacked the site or anything we would have immediately banned the current account you're using. The very fact you are here posting shows that you're being treated nicer than past banned members. If Randy was to show back up I wouldn't think twice before banning him.

I knew the account was you because you were making so many alts I regularly monitored the IPs of new members; if it was from PY it was most likely you. Your style of posting is also easy to spot.
Yeah, I remember Randy's doings... And true though, I would have been banned long ago, back when I first joined with this account. Thanks for not banning it. I just miss my old "status" / member ID (being lower) and the reputation sigh.

And yeah, I don't think there's too many folks from PA/Pennsylvania joining here as much I have over past few years ... Lol! I tried with proxies, but that doesn't work well either lmao.

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >