Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 850 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Looking for recommendations on osCommerce-accounting software integration

Thread title: Looking for recommendations on osCommerce-accounting software integration
10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
kkaland is offline kkaland
Software:

kkaland is on a distinguished road

Old  Looking for recommendations on osCommerce-accounting software integration

Hi there folks (I'm new here).

I've got a question for my fellow e-commerce developers...

My client and I are currently trying to figure out the best accounting system to use for their needs. They want to automate as much as possible using the data in osCommerce (the shopping cart). In particular, they want to be able to:

i. Pay the manufacturers
ii. Have the manufacturer send them bills
iii. Do the accounting

To clarify the terms, their primary supply method is drop-shipping. They receive orders from customers, in turn place orders with their manufacturers, and manage the shipping process using contractors or directly. They need to be able to track all these transactions and take care of their billing as well. Right now, it seems they mostly want one-way osCommerce -> accounting.

They're trying QuickBooks Online at the moment and asked me to integrate it with the site, but honestly, the options seem few, and we don't have the time to create something from the ground up. I've been looking a lot at eCC, but I don't know if it works with QuickBooks Online.

In any case, something that can perform these functions (or perform them with a few hours customization) would be great...

I hope I've described the scenario accurately enough. If anyone has any ideas at all or pointers in the right direction, let me know!

It's worth mentioning they have a soft spot for QuickBooks at the moment. They weren't too hot on FreshBooks.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

11-06-2009, 05:31 PM
BrownEyes is offline BrownEyes
Software:

BrownEyes is on a distinguished road

Old

Kevin,

Are you looking for an OpenSource script which does this or are you open to custom coding for a script which can match up to your requirements?

I happen to know someone who has done something similar if I'm not wrong - I could get you two in touch.

PM me.

11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
kkaland is offline kkaland
Software:

kkaland is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi BrownEyes,

The PMs don't seem to be working for me, so I'll just reply generally here.

Either is OK, but the client doesn't want to spend a lot on the integration, it seems. Most solutions we've seen so far are in the hundreds of dollars, and custom coding's probably up there with those.

We're actually going to give FreshBooks's integration a shot and see how that flies...hopefully it'll be feasible.

Thanks for the reply,
Kevin