Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1096 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Sold copyrighted material

Thread title: Sold copyrighted material
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-06-2010, 12:29 AM
InventYourself is offline InventYourself
Software:

InventYourself is on a distinguished road

Old  Sold copyrighted material

Talkfreelance,

I recently purchased a template for $47/£30, cheap I know, and for a good reason!

I was "Google'ing" away this afternoon when I stumbled across part of the design I was sold a few days back! Turns out, the header from the template has been taken from someone's else's work, from an abstract, vector art wallpaper!

I've approached the developer in question and have requested he refunds my money, to which I presumably have been denied, he blocked from his Live Messenger!

Clearly I want compensating for my loss, as I have no intention what so ever in using copyrighted material. Although I am pretty aware I stand near to no chance of that happening!

Obviously, $47/£30 isn't worth hiring a solicitor for! In the eye of the general public here at Talkfreelance, would it be frowned upon to name, and shame this individual at the forums he operates at? Out of principle, that I have offered him an amicable solution, for a full refund, and have been ignored.

He is currently advertising several other designs for sale, at various forums, is it my duty to warn others or should I just let him get away with conducting business like this?

Wallpaper - http://www.digitalrevolutions.biz/ra...er/2008/09/29/
Template - http://www.easy2create.net/new/index.php

Regards,
Matt.

01-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by InventYourself View Post
In the eye of the general public here at Talkfreelance, would it be frowned upon to name, and shame this individual at the forums he operates at?
Yes, it would be frowned upon. That usually doesn't stop folks though. If the transaction was through this website, use the iTrader rating system to inform others of your successes and failures. We don't need a sob story every time some kid* manages to sell a template he or she threw together from bits and pieces they had lying around (and a good dose of their own creative talents, of course).

* Used in the derogatory sense with little to no relation to age.

01-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
We don't need a sob story
I'm sorry Salathe, I didn't realise asking the community for their personal opinion was out of context! Thank you for yours.

01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Asking questions is fine, I wasn't saying that this thread is a sob story.

01-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Software:

Old

Unfortunately I contacted him personally by obtaining his credentials from Web Hosting Talk! Otherwise I would of used the iTrader feature, but I have nothing to link it back too, thread wise.

It just seems silly to me, to let individuals get away with conducting business like this and selling other peoples property.

01-06-2010, 01:10 AM
The_Return is offline The_Return
Software: Photoshop, Dreamweaver

The_Return is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to The_Return

Old

Well next time get their ip or a little information about that person then if they screw you over I always call up their isp shut off their internet and utilities what joy I get from it almost makes up for the money loss.

01-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Software:

Old

Trying to source the relevant information I require. How do I find out who this individual is hosting with? I have several domains that I know he uses?

01-06-2010, 03:19 AM
AndrewIGO is offline AndrewIGO
Software:

AndrewIGO is on a distinguished road

Old

TFL may think otherwise, but you should definitely let future buyers of his know on those other threads.

01-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by AndrewIGO View Post
TFL may think otherwise, but you should definitely let future buyers of his know on those other threads.
Here is the issue: It is not always as black and white as the complainer might be thinking. Our iTrader system is only for transactions that have taken place here (to avoid "this transaction never happened" accusations). iTrader is the only way of reviewing a merchant we allow, having accusations in a merchant's thread threads is just plain disruptive. Talkfreelance is not a venue to review sellers when the transaction did not come here. I would suggest reviewing the seller that you feel wronged you on the place the transaction took place.

Every market is a buyer beware deal, I would encourage any buyer who is wondering about a seller to research them on Google.

01-06-2010, 05:22 AM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Expertise: Web Development
Software:

46Bit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to 46Bit Send a message via Skype™ to 46Bit

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Here is the issue: It is not always as black and white as the complainer might be thinking. Our iTrader system is only for transactions that have taken place here (to avoid "this transaction never happened" accusations). iTrader is the only way of reviewing a merchant we allow, having accusations in a merchant's thread threads is just plain disruptive. Talkfreelance is not a venue to review sellers when the transaction did not come here. I would suggest reviewing the seller that you feel wronged you on the place the transaction took place.

Every market is a buyer beware deal, I would encourage any buyer who is wondering about a seller to research them on Google.
Nicely put actually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >