Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1359 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

are you an online entrepreneur?

Thread title: are you an online entrepreneur?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
mason is offline mason
Software:

mason is on a distinguished road

Old  are you an online entrepreneur?

I like hearing other people's stories. especially ones of online entrepreneurs!

If so, how did you start off? Did you just do freelance work, or did you run sites and lived off of advertising? did you work a full job?

05-19-2006, 02:10 PM
WishMaster is offline WishMaster
Software:

WishMaster is on a distinguished road

Old

*yawn* Everyone and their cat is an "entrepreneur" these days. The term is thrown about way too loosely. If you set up a blog you're an entrepreneur it seems.

05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
itmpls is offline itmpls
Expertise:
Software:

itmpls is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to itmpls

Old

No.

05-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

Originally Posted by mason
I like hearing other people's stories. especially ones of online entrepreneurs!

If so, how did you start off? Did you just do freelance work, or did you run sites and lived off of advertising? did you work a full job?
Those in bold do not make you an entrepeneur. Personally I hate the phrase and anyone who puts 1% of their savings into something suddenly becomes one.

For me you have to have risked EVERYTHING to have become one, I mean you business could have gone bankrupt if it didn't go to plan.

Most people here who claim to be an entrepeneur are just personal web developers who fund it via freelancing.

05-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Paris Holley is offline Paris Holley
Software:

Paris Holley is on a distinguished road

Old

I would call myself an entrepreneur, tho i haven't saved up enough money yet to get my ideas goin, i've basicly thrown school out the window to persue this..everyone thinks im crazy at school cuz i might not graduate and think im foolish for depending on the internet and im nieve (sp?) etc.. but people dont relize the potential in the web...i've already got things coordinated with investors and marketin firms and as soon as I turn 18, i plan on gettin a loan to start making my ideas reality...

05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
PulpFiction is offline PulpFiction
Expertise:
Software:

PulpFiction is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Paris Holley
I would call myself an entrepreneur, tho i haven't saved up enough money yet to get my ideas goin, i've basicly thrown school out the window to persue this..everyone thinks im crazy at school cuz i might not graduate and think im foolish for depending on the internet and im nieve (sp?) etc.. but people dont relize the potential in the web...i've already got things coordinated with investors and marketin firms and as soon as I turn 18, i plan on gettin a loan to start making my ideas reality...
Sounds like a plan, good luck.

05-19-2006, 03:43 PM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old

Please graduate.

05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

You don't realise the lack of stability in the web either.. if you plan to make your money via advertising you need a LOT of luck, if you plan to do it through offering a skill then get your education, if you can't complete that how do I know you will complete my work?

05-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Paris Holley is offline Paris Holley
Software:

Paris Holley is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by VIZ
You don't realise the lack of stability in the web either.. if you plan to make your money via advertising you need a LOT of luck, if you plan to do it through offering a skill then get your education, if you can't complete that how do I know you will complete my work?
well for one, you will never know me only the firm i will be working for will

the last years i've been livin like crap..and the web is what has kept food on the table for me, for some people survival is above school..atm i know enough to get me where i want to be, when you come from the ghetto you aren't expected tobecome of much...but i can guarantee you probably 95% of the people who freelance do so because they want extra money, ie: their parents had no problems supporting the family during high school..some of us aren't that lucky..and i just happened to be lucky enough to know and get into computers

05-19-2006, 04:17 PM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm glad you've been able to use the web to get by. But trust me, the internet is not always a steady income. Your priority should be school first, web second. And please don't use your poverty as an excuse; I'm graduating university next year and my family of five has lived off of $20,000 a year since I can remember.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >