Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1712 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

Rap and Urban Discussions Board! Established, xxx Revenue, Full Staff, Very Active!

Thread title: Rap and Urban Discussions Board! Established, xxx Revenue, Full Staff, Very Active!
Closed Thread    
05-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Nica is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Nica Send a message via MSN to Nica Send a message via Yahoo to Nica

Old  Rap and Urban Discussions Board! Established, xxx Revenue, Full Staff, Very Active!

This is your chance at owning a growing, and established extremely active forum with great potential!

URL: http://www.YoungMoneyWeb.com

Age of site (months): >2 Months

Monthly revenue: 250 (couple dollars and cents over)

Revenue details:

PM me for revenue proof

We have YPN on the site, they are not so well placed and the new owner could use Google and possibly other types of networks to boost the revenue.

I believe Google will make more because ads like "Lil Wayne Mixtapes" show up, and generates alot more clicks - The ads that show up on Yahoo honestly suck.

Also, better placement would have to be done, the placement on these forums was done by my friend since I share a YPN with him so it's all I could do - I still recieved some nice revenue though.

Monthly page views: 1021957 in April

Traffic details:

The traffic is generated basically from both word of mouth and advertising the staff does.

The Admins and moderators get the word out about the site quickly.

The admins are also tight with Mack Maine's manager ( http://www.MackMaine.com , an artist signed to Cash Money / Young Money which is a major label and they link to us on their forum and are looking to link to us on the main site )

When the site is bought, the staff will remain the same, including me if you wish, and promotion will be the same and will only increase.

We get a fair ammount of Search Engine traffic too.

I keep a MySpace account for the website itself, which delivers nice traffic, this will remain in my hands and the staff has access to it - It links to the site and I've posted bulletins for the site about twice.

Description:
This website is basically a rap discussion board.

Its urban, and people just talk about anything to have fun and kill time.

We have a section where members can share links to new songs, albums, and other things.

One of the admins right now has a hook up where he gets new remixes and releases about weeks and months before they actually come out (We were one of the first boards to get a link to Lupe Fiasco's leak which was MONTHS early, and one of the first with Dipset's new DVD).

The admins are well connected and will continue to give fresh new links and stuff that interests new members. We also have two to four moderators that are often making threads about latest Hip Hop news.

Type of site:
Established and functional website with traffic

Price (or starting bid): 500

Is an auction?: Yes

Indexed pages (Google): 187

Google page rank: 3

Alexa site rank:
213,365 (Has peaked at 54,000 in daily ranks - Has maintained a 80,000 weekly at times)

The staff is just amazing and hardworking, the project continues to grow rapidly.

There are 3,000+ members in below two months and almost 60,000 posts (59k as of now)

I will remain on the staff if you wish, and I will continue to work on it since I enjoy the community - I simply need money to finish another project of mine

This is truly a gem for me, 60,000 posts in just less than two months and so many members and a great staff already.

It has something for any rap fan to be interested in - Sadly I gotta let go though.

The staff really would like to do a mainsite, custom skin, and other things but right now I cannot go on - Some contests would also be great.

I will stick around once its sold to keep it great because I enjoy it and want to see it keep growing (I'm good friends with the other admins too now - they are okay with this)

Daily registrations
http://www.img-upload.com/uploads/registrations2.jpg
(Peaked days is when staff does mass advertising at places that have familiar interests - they do it by themselves, they are very motivated about the forum)

Daily posts
http://www.img-upload.com/uploads/posts2.jpg

Daily threads
I did not feel it was really needed to take the time to do this one, it is always ranging between 60-150 though.

All this forum needs is the proper marketing, possibly more to the forum, and just an Admin with the right funds - right now I'm not really there with the bigger project I have.

05-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Edder is offline Edder
Expertise:
Software:

Edder is on a distinguished road

Old

Do you have a BIN in mind?

05-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Send a message via AIM to Nica Send a message via MSN to Nica Send a message via Yahoo to Nica

Old

None in mind, taking offers via PM though

05-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Big_Rob is offline Big_Rob
Software:

Big_Rob is on a distinguished road

Old  Pm

Can you pm me with proof of revenue, as well as other details, such as expenses (advertising, hosting)? I see you have google ads placed on the site now, how long have they been up there for, and how much have they brought in?

05-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Old

Sold.

05-05-2006, 12:35 AM
RivaL is offline RivaL
Software:

RivaL is on a distinguished road

Old

Just wondering, what'd it go for?

05-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Old

Close to 3,000.

05-05-2006, 03:33 AM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

Congratulations.

05-05-2006, 08:35 PM
RivaL is offline RivaL
Software:

RivaL is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes, congrats man, great site!

05-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Old

It was actually a let down though

Recieved a 3,500 BIN at Sitepoint after the sale.

Oh well, still got a nice price, and I might have more coming towards my way for a side job I did for them

Closed Thread