Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 728 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Does anyone have the Blackberry?

Thread title: Does anyone have the Blackberry?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
02-13-2009, 09:15 PM
MMemmer is offline MMemmer
Expertise:
Software:

MMemmer is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to MMemmer Send a message via AIM to MMemmer Send a message via Yahoo to MMemmer Send a message via Skype™ to MMemmer

Old

I am still debating between the iPhone and a Blackberry. While both have great features, many of course which are similar, the Blackberry's Push technology does seem to have the iPhone beat on receiving important mail.

02-14-2009, 01:58 AM
wealthcreator is offline wealthcreator
Software:

wealthcreator is on a distinguished road

Old

For receiving of email, blackberry still the best phone....compare to other.... i am using Blackberry bold.... no doubt on that.

02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Shane is offline Shane
Software:

Shane is on a distinguished road

Old

I got the blackberry curve 8800 with verizon and its awesome, ive heard some bad reviews of the storm so I wouldnt advise getting it. I could not live without mine tbh

02-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

The iPhone is a trend more than anything. I used to own one, and granted they're lovely and everything, but in terms of practicality from a business perspective, there isn't a single thing the iPhone beats a Blackberry on.

02-16-2009, 12:21 AM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I have the IPhone 3G right now.. and thinking about upgrading to the blackberry curve 8900.. looks good to me, anyone have it?

02-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

^Down grading

02-16-2009, 03:00 AM
HighLayer is offline HighLayer
Software:

HighLayer is on a distinguished road

Old

I would suggest getting the Samsung Omnia or the Iphone 3G. I am the owner of an iphone and I can tell you it is a wonderful creature that can do almost anything.

02-16-2009, 03:40 AM
phractured is offline phractured
Expertise:
Software:

phractured is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to phractured

Old

creature?

02-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

I had an Iphone but Decided to go blackberry. Now I didn't care for the lower end blackberry but the bold so far has been the best phone for me.

07-18-2009, 07:07 AM
iPhone Fan is offline iPhone Fan
Software:

iPhone Fan is on a distinguished road

Old

BlackBerry Bold:

This is a tricky and sensitive subject for a lot of people. Many of us live and die by the BlackBerry OS. Some could say we even know it better than we know some of our significant others… But therein lies the problem. While RIM has been on a mission to revamp the BlackBerry from the old school “pager” into an all-in-one communications device for consumers and business alike, we can’t help but wonder when the OS will get a real makeover. Not a Mariah Carey cover page airbrushed makeover, more like a Carnie Wilson 300lbs to 150lbs makeover. But, we do have to say that RIM has a great thing going. The BlackBerry minions have figured out every single tip and trick there is to squeeze every ounce of usability out the operating system, and for a lot of people, the OS is fine. It does what it is supposed to, and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s just that the market has changed so drastically in the last year and half. People want to be connected more, they want to do more while doing less.

iPhone 3G:

Whether you believe Apple’s words of the iPhone OS actually running a scaled down OS X or not, it’s very difficult to rip apart the iPhone’s operating system. Sure, we’d absolutely love copy and paste, and it’s pretty sad we even had to write that, but for the most part, this is the finest and most technologically advanced mobile operating system on the planet. That’s not even open to debate, ok? There is always room for improvement, however, and we have no doubt that Apple will begin addressing some of the shortcomings of the operating system pretty soon.

iPhone 3G wins by a landslide

Email:

BlackBerry Bold:

Listen, you can’t throw around the word “BlackBerry” without thinking about email. That’s RIM bread and butter, and we don’t see that changing for a very long time. There are probably 500 competitors vying for the title of “Best. Email. Ever.”, but they’re not coming close anytime soon. While Windows Mobile offers some of the same feature-set, there is nothing like using a BlackBerry for email. From changing your out of office message, to configuring email filters on the go (what, you think we actually get all 6,000 comments from our iPhone 3G giveaway post on our BlackBerry?), to remote searching (awesome!), RIM has perfected email on the BlackBerry for the most part. When new features like full attachment viewing and HTML get introduced, though, it gets a little murky. Instead of viewing attachments natively off the bat on your BlackBerry, RIM’s data network will compress and send you what you need bit by bit. There is also a clear separation between RIM’s BES services and BIS services, and they are totally unnecessary. There is no reason we should have the ability to view HTML on BIS, but not on BES yet (unless you hacked that in), and there is no reason file type support is so convoluted. For instance, we can listen to our voicemail MP3s on our BIS email, but not on BES because even the latest BES service pack still doesn’t support the encoding used in our MP3s. Things like this really confuse users and there’s no reason for it. BIS features should mirror BES features as much as possible and be upgraded at the same time. If we have to email an attachment from our BES to one of our BIS email accounts one more time… One last thing, RIM. Please for the love of everything holy, allow us to edit forwarded messages. Please. Pretty please.

iPhone 3G:

Up for much debate is how well the iPhone 3G competes in the email arena. They have made strides in regard to improving the email application, even going as far to supporting full Exchange 2003 and 2007 email, but Apple has left a lot to be desired when working with anything other than simple POP and IMAP accounts. Forget the sexy stuff like filters and out of office messages, there is still no access to remote email search, or heck, email search period. There’s no way to mark multiple items read or unread, and if you have multiple email accounts, have fun switching back and forth to check them. Things aren’t localized like they are on a BlackBerry, and you don’t have the fun keyboard shortcuts to make things easier and get to them faster. When it comes to how email is rendered and behaves, though, the iPhone probably beats any other device out there. The HTML rendering is second to none, it murders the BlackBerry HTML, attachments can not be saved locally which is a real pain, but in terms of viewing them, it offers the most organic way of looking at them or playing them. From flipping the device to goto landscape mode, to double-tapping and zooming, the iPhone makes email a pleasure to read.

No question who the winner is here. RIM’s email can’t be touched, but for not-so-hardcore email users, Apple’s iPhone definitely offers a great experience, even with an Exchange server or their MobileMe service.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >