Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1371 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products :

What's My Site Worth?

Thread title: What's My Site Worth?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
08-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Baby Boy View Post
That is for your average consumer, NOT you average potential success story. If someone wants to learn by reading my blog and wants to take it serious, they'll think "quality over looks." Ever head of the saying "Content is King?"

If the fat girl stays smelling nice and her attitude and everything is good and she treats her man fairly, she has better quality and a higher chance. Tell me what guy wants a girl that is gonna act like an ******* over stupid stuff, even if she is skinny with a model look. Sooner or later, the guy is going to leave that girl (or in this case, the readers will leave my site if I don't give them good quality.)

These aren't consumer's, these are LAZY people Sorry 2 say...

You can sit there and tell yourself that all day, and your exactly right in 1 aspect. Quality is key. Looks, functionability, etc make up quality too. We're giving you positive input so that you can move forward. If you choose to just sit back, argue about it and ignore, fine. It's not our lost in the end now is it?

Also; in regards to your 'oh they are just lazy.' Has nothing to do with that. I am forsure there are things you do not understand yet still use and consume. And if you want to argue that there isn't; then you're either a walking book, or a liar. It has nothing to do with laziness, it's how people react to situations.

08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Gille is offline Gille
Expertise: HTML, CSS
Software:

Gille is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gille

Old

My thoughts on this :

1. Usability aspect : crap, seriously. If I have to look for the content, then there is something wrong with the website. My impression : "Hmm, a site on how I should make money, could be interesting. *enter* Hmm, DaCenter101, doesn't really sound that good, maybe if the content is good. Oh wait, where is the content? I just see some news items about some useless update on the site... *exit*"

I had to scroll down to see the latest posts, and a full list of articles is nowhere to be found.

2. Design aspect : Hmm, free theme, but modified to implement the bundle of useless links to stuff that I will barely use. Technorati smacked on the top, seemingly random... A random support button, though you do not offer any kind of product... A calender? Why, launching an event? If not, dump it, seriously... Feedburner button is all the way down the page, again, looking as if you simply placed the code somewhere in the skin on chance.

3. Content aspect : Nothing interesting, yet again. The content of the articles doesn't offer any insight; the articles have no depth... For example, the Agloco article : you could have copied the about page of Agloco and you would get the same article. You do not mention that there could be problems later on with payment, apart from one little sentence at the bottom of the post.

Final remark : "Affiliation Intro: Work With Them, Not 4 Them". Using numbers instead of letters = WARNING for me. Combine that with a completely irrelevant site title "DaCenter101" and I'm gone, and you'll never see me again.

4. SEO aspect : I'd say good, but I'd be lying. Seriously, you're getting hyped over a #4 ranking for "Teach Youth Money"? I highly doubt anybody looks for the search phrase. You are glad you are having 50 uniques daily... This is not a good thing if you offer articles; quite on the contrary. (Most likely, 40 of those uniques are from TalkFreelance, no? I'm pretty sure they are)

5. General conclusion :
Dump it, seriously. I've quickly scanned this thread and you seem to be an extremely stubborn person who seems to have no idea what he is doing but still thinks he is the best at it.

The site is one out of a million (billion?), with nothing unique to offer whatsover.

Regards,
Gilles

08-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

I appreciate your comments Saulie, but its apparent your basing your "estimate" off of looks. Nobody really cares about looks, they care about what the quality of the content is like. Now, my content isn't the best but I am building my reader base slowly, everyone cares about the popularity and traffic to your site, not how it primarily looks.

Today alone, we've shot up to 52 unique visitors today and I am hoping to maintain that number and grow it even more. Not to mention, our SEO rankings are slowly moving up. Our primary keyword we were targeting "teach youth money" currently ranks number 4 in Google. It doesn't have any rank in Yahoo and MSN, but like all SEO, it takes time and hardwork. I am looking to be ranked in there within' the next couple of weeks.

But thank you for your comments....
Most of those 52 uniques you meantioned are from talkfreelance, and I have no idea who would search for "teach youth money", that's useless. Your asking on how much you think it's worth, and I'm telling you it is hardly worth anything, yes you might be working on seo ect, but you asked for what it's worth now, so please dont get annoyed or upset when we answer you..

And also many of us do care about looks, the look of the website represents how much they care about their presentation, and from their presentation you can pretty much make an assumtion about how much they care about their content aswell. For instance as some other people say you can tell a person from their shoes, how much they care about them =)

Btw, whatever happened to your teen forum idea?

P.S: There really is no need for the live support, it just overdoes it.

08-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Just a quicky about design here - good design doesnt mean anything - lots of big sites have a crap design. Look at myspace, plentyoffish etc.... All crap designs, but worth a lot.

08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Gille is offline Gille
Expertise: HTML, CSS
Software:

Gille is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gille

Old

That's because they had something unique to offer this site doesn't

08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Drew is offline Drew
Software:

Drew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Drew

Old

Exactly my point, people care about quality BEFORE looks.
What i'm saying is google was very in a very new niche when it came out and offered something no one had seen before. Your site offers nothing extremely new, therefore you will need to invest a little more into it, like a new skin and better content.

08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Gille View Post
Well, there were quite a few dating sites and myspace type sites floating the net before they arrived!

08-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Originally Posted by Baby Boy
Free theme, yes, because like I told one person, it wouldn't make sense in developing a theme and then the blog fails. Once it starts growing, I'll build a custom theme.
You run a 'money making' blog, yet you don't seem to understand the risk involved in any business venture.

As said above, I think you should start over.
New domain ($8 is hardly going to break the bank), a less 'whored' theme, and proof-read your posts.

Originally Posted by Sam Granger
Well, there were quite a few dating sites and myspace type sites floating the net before they arrived!
PlentyOfFish was the first ever completely free dating site.

08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
PlentyOfFish was the first ever completely free dating site.
Good one - However, it still doesnt all come down to design. Content is king

08-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Baby Boy is offline Baby Boy
Software:

Baby Boy is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett
You can sit there and tell yourself that all day, and your exactly right in 1 aspect. Quality is key. Looks, functionability, etc make up quality too. We're giving you positive input so that you can move forward. If you choose to just sit back, argue about it and ignore, fine. It's not our lost in the end now is it?

Also; in regards to your 'oh they are just lazy.' Has nothing to do with that. I am forsure there are things you do not understand yet still use and consume. And if you want to argue that there isn't; then you're either a walking book, or a liar. It has nothing to do with laziness, it's how people react to situations.
Your ASSUMING looks make up quality. Looks is nothing but an "impression." Look at it like this, you can continue to argue about it, but people will care more about WHAT you can do for them then how you look. Take for instance, you see a "supposed" investment banker, dressed in a suit, you decide to give him a shot. You find out the quality of the investment banker's work is not any good... now you see one in ragged jeans and a shirt, you give him a shot and find out he's the greatest!

Now tell me, should looks really matter?

And how people react to situations that quick is pure laziness. Its called TIME and RESEARCH. Doing some research and having some time to find out whether the car is any good instead of jumping the gun, maybe America would be less in debt.

Originally Posted by Gille
My thoughts on this :

1. Usability aspect : crap, seriously. If I have to look for the content, then there is something wrong with the website. My impression : "Hmm, a site on how I should make money, could be interesting. *enter* Hmm, DaCenter101, doesn't really sound that good, maybe if the content is good. Oh wait, where is the content? I just see some news items about some useless update on the site... *exit*"

I had to scroll down to see the latest posts, and a full list of articles is nowhere to be found.

2. Design aspect : Hmm, free theme, but modified to implement the bundle of useless links to stuff that I will barely use. Technorati smacked on the top, seemingly random... A random support button, though you do not offer any kind of product... A calender? Why, launching an event? If not, dump it, seriously... Feedburner button is all the way down the page, again, looking as if you simply placed the code somewhere in the skin on chance.

3. Content aspect : Nothing interesting, yet again. The content of the articles doesn't offer any insight; the articles have no depth... For example, the Agloco article : you could have copied the about page of Agloco and you would get the same article. You do not mention that there could be problems later on with payment, apart from one little sentence at the bottom of the post.

Final remark : "Affiliation Intro: Work With Them, Not 4 Them". Using numbers instead of letters = WARNING for me. Combine that with a completely irrelevant site title "DaCenter101" and I'm gone, and you'll never see me again.

4. SEO aspect : I'd say good, but I'd be lying. Seriously, you're getting hyped over a #4 ranking for "Teach Youth Money"? I highly doubt anybody looks for the search phrase. You are glad you are having 50 uniques daily... This is not a good thing if you offer articles; quite on the contrary. (Most likely, 40 of those uniques are from TalkFreelance, no? I'm pretty sure they are)

5. General conclusion : Dump it, seriously. I've quickly scanned this thread and you seem to be an extremely stubborn person who seems to have no idea what he is doing but still thinks he is the best at it.

The site is one out of a million (billion?), with nothing unique to offer whatsover.

Regards,
Gilles
Usability Aspect: Well common sense would tell you "Hmmmmmmm, maybe I should read these updates and see what they are about." If the person is serious enough about making money as a youth, then they'll take the time to read the updates and see what's all going on. You seem like a "I want it NOW" type people, life doesn't work in that manner unfortunately

Design Aspect: The design is free, so ****ing what, sue me. I bet 55% of the internet has templates that are used on more then one website so what is the problem with using a template that others use, besides it doesn't "meet your requirements to be a good site." And the calendar is there for tracking. You know, some people actually DO forget what day it is or want to view entries from a specific date, the calendar allows that. Also, the chat is for ONE-ON-ONE support to help the readers... never saw that on a blog that was willing to help youth make and manage their money have ya?

Content Aspect: The Agloco articles, it was meant to be BASIC. Do you think a reader wants to read a "Book" of an entry on Agloco? And about the "Affiliation Intro" topic, what the hell are you talking about. Its introducing everyone to affiliation marketing and its meant to serve as a "basic" guide as well. Do your research pal.

SEO Aspect: With "teach youth money" being the primary keyword I am targeting, yes, I am excited because it means the site is making progress. Don't ****in' tell me you were never amped when your site started making it up in the search engines, everyone does because it means their work is paying off. Be serious.

And actually, 40 of those DIDN'T come from TalkFreelance, a majority came from Google and other teen and youth business sites.

General Conclusion: Your opinion was worth .02 cents to me. I usually credit people and thank them for their comments, but I didn't see where you were "specifically" answering my question.

When you find a site that is willing to help teens make money and manage money through blog entries AND LIVE SUPPORT HELP (ONE-ON-ONE) --- then contact me back. Do you see the uniqueness in that. Tell me, when was the last time you seen a blog help teens manage and make money, let alone offer live support for one-on-one help?

When you find that site, you let me know...

Originally Posted by Saulie
Most of those 52 uniques you meantioned are from talkfreelance, and I have no idea who would search for "teach youth money", that's useless. Your asking on how much you think it's worth, and I'm telling you it is hardly worth anything, yes you might be working on seo ect, but you asked for what it's worth now, so please dont get annoyed or upset when we answer you..

And also many of us do care about looks, the look of the website represents how much they care about their presentation, and from their presentation you can pretty much make an assumtion about how much they care about their content aswell. For instance as some other people say you can tell a person from their shoes, how much they care about them =)

Btw, whatever happened to your teen forum idea?

P.S: There really is no need for the live support, it just overdoes it.
Thank you for your comments. I can actually thank you (and Bennett) because ya'll help iron out and RECOMMEND solutions. And I'm not taking insult to Bennett, we're debating if its safe to say.

Anyway, Saulie: "Teach Youth Money" is basically what the site is all about. Its helping "teach youth money." Now, the reason why I chose this keyword is because it gets a so-so amount of monthly search volume and figure I'd give it a shot. It was my primary keyword to go with and it seems pretty good right now. It not be searched very much, but for those who search it, atleast I'll be around the top of the rankings.

I know my site is not worth much, I simply asked how much it was worth and people like "Gilles" decide to INSULT the site and not predict how much its worth 'nor explains what needs to be fixed. He uses his "own intuitions" to base the site.

By the way, 52 of them visit's weren't TalkFreelance, only 27 of them were, the rest were search engines and other referring sites.

And I agree, looks is important, but I am making this simple point: People prefer quality over content. I am knowledged in business and know that customer's want something they can be satisfied with and will last them a while. I was talking with another person on another forum about the "consumer" and "millionaire" mindsets. The consumer mindset is to "impress" people and satisfy their "wants." That's not how you get by in life.

And the teen forum... I gave it up cause, first, it would've been hard to promote and would've been just another forum. At the same time, I wanted to start something that could help youth out.

And lastly, I have the live support to offer something unique. I want to help those in need and don't quite understand things. Its a proven fact that if you provide LIVE assistance, a person is predicted to learn quicker. That is what I want to do, I want to teach them and help answer questions.

Originally Posted by Gille
To you it doesn't, but then again, your "opinions" don't always convince.

Originally Posted by Drew
What i'm saying is google was very in a very new niche when it came out and offered something no one had seen before. Your site offers nothing extremely new, therefore you will need to invest a little more into it, like a new skin and better content.
I agree fully with you. That's why I began investing time into the template and making one for it just to show everyone how serious I am of the site. I used a free theme because if its one thing in business or starting a "venture" you need to do, you need to "survey people and see how you can help them and if the niche your in is needed." That's what I was doing, since I am seeing the site grow a bit rapid, I decided its worth it.

Originally Posted by Indy
You run a 'money making' blog, yet you don't seem to understand the risk involved in any business venture.
How do I NOT seem to understand the risk involved in running a business, I'd like to hear this one?

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >