Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 824 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

How would you go about creating a similar texture to this in photoshop?

Thread title: How would you go about creating a similar texture to this in photoshop?
10-06-2012, 01:23 PM
BoyWonder is offline BoyWonder
Expertise: Programming
Software: Notepad++

BoyWonder is on a distinguished road

Old  How would you go about creating a similar texture to this in photoshop?

This is the texture:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp_background.jpg (43.3 KB, 13 views)

11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
lanotdesign is offline lanotdesign
Expertise: Webdesign
Software: Photoshop cs4

lanotdesign is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to lanotdesign Send a message via Skype™ to lanotdesign

Old

Hi BoyWonder

If you are going to do it manually, a lot of experimentation is needed. Use brush tool for the colors and filter blur. You need to use/add different layers too.

However, if you want this exact image to be your texture, open it in photoshop, click EDIT then select DEFINE PATTERN

Hope it helps,

11-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Zara is offline Zara
Software:

Zara is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm certainly not a photographer nor a skilled graphics designer. However, it looks to me like it started off as a photo of someone posing nude in a seated position, the discoloration on the corners were probably fingers in front of the lens... Based on the resolution, how the image appears to be replicated on the left and right, and the fingers on the corner; I'd say it was probably taken by a smart phone.

The image looks as if it started off as a tall, half-width photo. It was probably ran through some noise and blur filters, adjustments were made to the levels, a brush was used to place those darker "splatter" dots on the image, and finally it was duplicated, flipped horizontally, lined up side-by-side, and had the sides blended together.

But as lanotdesign said, you won't be able to replicate it exactly. You could probably achieve something similar though.

And there are many ways to use that in your Photoshop files. Since it doesn't have nicely blended edges, you may not wish to use it as a pattern. However, you can still load the image into Photoshop, place it over a layer, change its blending mode, and use Alt + Ctrl + G to set the layer beneath it as a clipping mask.
(Note: If Alt + Ctrl + G doesn't work, you can access it by using the menus Layer > Create Clipping Mask)

11-30-2012, 07:47 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

you are reading way too much into that. it's clearly mirrored, but that's about it. i can see what you're talking about if i look for it, but the fact that i have to look for it and it isn't instant suggests you're looking too much into it. i was able to recreate something pretty similar in about 5 minutes:

1. pick an arbitrary background colour: purple
2. make an oval of another arbitrary colour (pink) - gaussian blurr it by 50px or so
3. if you're feeling particularly artsy, grab the smudge tool and mess it up so it isn't so uniform.
4. mess with some colour overlays - i added a light blue via gradient overlay
5. make some lighting layers - low opacity black, brushe arbitrarily. set to overlay.
6. repeat step 5, brush arbitrarily, gives realistic lighting, play with blending modes.
7. add clouds filter / then difference clouds filter. set to overlay, low opacity, i used 10%
8. copy merged, double canvas, paste, flip horizontally - infinite repeat pattern

the main thing to focus on here is it isn't even a texture. it's a fe things in play:

-overlay lighting layers
- noise layer
- grunge brushes
- the clouds / smudge tool will give it a non-uniform feeling.

see the result:

obviously not identical, but it's not supposed to be, it's just supposed to show each piece at work.

Thanked by:
Artashes (12-01-2012)