Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1642 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Pricing Guide Help

Thread title: Pricing Guide Help
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
12-21-2004, 04:28 AM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old  Pricing Guide Help

I'm working on my pricing guide, I have no idea if I'm charging too little or too much for these things. I'm going to put examples up of everything once I get some chopped up, but for now, what do you think?

I think i'm going to split this into two pages, one just to list and brag about the services, one just for pricing.

edit:

did just that, pricing is at http://www.nykoelle.com/meg/pricing.php

12-31-2004, 01:13 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I think your pricing is too vague. I for one would never do a webdesign for $25! You do state $25-75 but what exactly is a $25 design? It can't be alot.....

The xhtml coding service is way too low, people pay alot for a quality finish and i will pay $100/page for that sort of service (have paid more before). It is better to get several high paying customers than loads of bottom feeders.

The logo, banner design prices should be swaped around. Creating a unique identity can be painstaking and take alot of time, i would say $50-75 is a reasonable price. I currently design banners for $17.95 (Yes that is underpriced because i spend alot of time working on them) i think $25-50 is a better price.

Overall i think you are selling yourself far too cheap, your services are worth much more than what you are asking. Just my two cents.

01-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

People associate high prices with high "quality". Low prices with "cheap" products.
Robson is right in that you should target the more wealthy clients, and raise your price on identity. Question marks do not inspire people either.
I charge by the hour for all my services.

01-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

My audience are unsigned bands that play where I work. Once I get back to finishing this, I'm going to put my business cards out. Though, I'll raise some of the prices, and maybe give some sort of coupon to certain bands.

thanks

01-10-2005, 01:23 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

$25 per design? i charge pretty much that much per hour. charginb by the hour is pretty much the nly way you're not going to get screwed. $25 as a flat rate means they can ram your ass into the stone age with changes all for the low low price of $25.

a good webdesign can be a great asset to someone. if a solid interfacve and functionallly scripted web presence can allow a company to sell more products per month, why can't you get money off your good work? effective websites are worth every penny, and if you only think you're worth $25-100 you're really putting a negative impression onto your potential clients. if you're (someone who knows what they're doing) not confident your websites are worth very much, they'll be even less confident in your ablities.

and business card sets $15? 1 printed sample will cost you $15 or more depending on how it's meant to be printed, matte, glossy, silk screen. i don't know a lot about printing, but i know enough to judge that. people can bring in 4 digit figures or close to 5 depending on hwo it's for and who's getting paid, and they can be as simple as a cube.

you need to go back and analyize yourself and determine how much your time is worth. $12 /hour should be your rockbottom price. i'm very well educated in coding, so i can code through a brand new design and have 5 working templates between 1 and 2 hours, all xhtml valid and the works. obviously, since i can finnish faster, my time is worth more than someone who would take 1-2 days, so for my better service and experience, i charge more than the 1-2 day guy. if it's worth it to them, they'll pay it.

i know a website that ended up was quoted @ $18 000 and it baffled me, because when i analyzed it, working at their hourly rate, i could have had the pieces i know well done in a fraction of the time they did it in, and it would have been more affective.

01-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by nykoelle
My audience are unsigned bands that play where I work.
I wouldn't have guessed that from your website. Maybe consider designing something to target that market segment.

01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
SeoGuy is offline SeoGuy
Software:

SeoGuy is on a distinguished road

Old

You need to be more specific as Robson said - too ''vague''

01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Picard102
I wouldn't have guessed that from your website. Maybe consider designing something to target that market segment.
whats wrong with the design?

01-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by nykoelle
whats wrong with the design?
Nothing in itself. Just if you are targeting a specific market you should design your site towards that market. If you are after emerging bands, you might want a site that reflects that style.
Just my opinion.

01-14-2005, 01:55 AM
Chris Gwynne is offline Chris Gwynne
Expertise:
Software:

Chris Gwynne is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris Gwynne Send a message via MSN to Chris Gwynne Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Gwynne

Old

I don't really use pricing guidelines, always so obscure.

I'm a developer, so based on pre-existing knowledge, the client will know what he wants done and I can assess overall how much time and effort it will take, then give a price for the whole project. Don't like price per hour either.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >