Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 694 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

MyFreelanceAuction.com - For sale?

Thread title: MyFreelanceAuction.com - For sale?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Zane is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Zane

Old

Originally Posted by TheGrandBerry
Whilst I do understand your point Net, this is how I look at it.

If a buyer were to invest a little more in advertising, and improve the name and reach of the website, then of course, more and more people will continue to return and use the service. If this could continue, perhaps from a nice viral marketing scheme, MFA would obviously be one of the first places people go to, in order to either buy or sell a template.

Possibly by creating a monopoly over forums with a "Marketplace" forum, or the other likes of places to sell your designs/domains.

It is at this point that a fee could be charged in order to list, perhaps a one off fee for a year, or just a % of the final price, like eBay. Who knows, but I do know that if done correctly, MFA could be very successful.

I myself will be watching to see if this is placed up for sale, and see how the bidding goes.

Regards.
His current traffic is still preety low at 60 uniques. Meaning a lot more would have to be invested. Thats why i dont see value.

edit - although i do like the system and the design.

03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

What kind of space / bandwidth is it consuming each month?

03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
AlexK is offline AlexK
Expertise:
Software:

AlexK is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AlexK

Old

Originally Posted by TheGrandBerry
Whilst I do understand your point Net, this is how I look at it.

If a buyer were to invest a little more in advertising, and improve the name and reach of the website, then of course, more and more people will continue to return and use the service. If this could continue, perhaps from a nice viral marketing scheme, MFA would obviously be one of the first places people go to, in order to either buy or sell a template.

Possibly by creating a monopoly over forums with a "Marketplace" forum, or the other likes of places to sell your designs/domains.

It is at this point that a fee could be charged in order to list, perhaps a one off fee for a year, or just a % of the final price, like eBay. Who knows, but I do know that if done correctly, MFA could be very successful.

I myself will be watching to see if this is placed up for sale, and see how the bidding goes.

Regards.

I totally agree.

I would personally hold on it, just a little more.
I don't think you shall let it go for under 500$, as I see it as a fantastic website. You have really helped the whole "web design template thing selling" community.

Best of luck, whatever you do.

03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
mdempsey is offline mdempsey
Software:

mdempsey is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mdempsey Send a message via MSN to mdempsey

Old

Thanks for all the comments guys, I've only just checked this thread, I'd forgotten about it. Velizio, hardly anything, I'm on a 150mb webspace package and it's not using anywhere near all of it, and there are no badnwidth problems, there are hardly any graphics on the site, and all templates etc are externally hosted, so it's next to nothing.

I think I've decided to let MFA go on as it is, it's doing average as it is with no input, then when my exams are done I have an 11 week holiday to try and make something big of MFA. If I can't then I'll try and sell it.

Thanks everyone.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2