Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1154 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Other Digital Goods :

CPA-network ads

Thread title: CPA-network ads
Closed Thread    
05-03-2007, 02:07 PM
marketraisecorp is offline marketraisecorp
Software:

marketraisecorp is on a distinguished road

Old  CPA-network ads

Network Ads are very simple. They're CPA (cost per action) ads that fill your unsold ad space until a regular advertiser

wants that space for herself. Initially the creative will be limited to around a dozen fairly "universal fit" brands/products

to test the system, and help us fine-tune targeting for categories, and in some cases individual blogs in the Partners

network.
How they work:
* Network Ads will appear on your site in place of "empty slots", but below paid slots.
* Network Ads are CPA - Cost Per Action. This means that you get paid if a reader clicks through on the ad, then buys

something from the destination site
* Much greater detail on creative and payouts will be available next week at launch.
* Payout is the same as for regular ads. A simple 70/30 split between publisher and

Performance.
* Initially, ads will be "universal fit" so that we can run the brief test across the entire network -- we've chosen the best

performance ads, but more accurate targeting will come in the next beta phase.
* Again, initially, features will be very limited. We want to collate some data first to help us determine what kind of

features we need to put in place ot help our publishers profit from this. Please bear with us for a few days...
* There is no guarantee you will earn money. If your site is very low traffic for example, this may not work well for you.

All the normal traffic building tips you can find here and at Pro blogger.net and other sites apply.

05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

Original Article:
http://performancing.com/taxonomy/term/71/0/feed

Did you write these? If not, please give credit to the original writer.

05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
jackanderson is offline jackanderson
Software:

jackanderson is on a distinguished road

Old  Re: CPA-network ads

I am interested to learn what CPA, CPM & CPC programs that Arcade Site Owners are earning with. I am earning $$$ with a few, but am looking for even more!

Here are the programs I am earning with:

1. Google Adsense - CPC
2. Funklicks - CPC
3. ReachAds - CPM + CPC (really good earnings, hope they pay)
4. CPX Interactive - CPM
5. Adversal - Popunders
6. NeverBlueAds - CPA

I was turned down by Casale Media, Advertising.com & Tribal Fusion.

Programs that did not work great for me: Amazon, Play-Asia, Big Fish Games, Toywiz. They are all good programs, but don't earn enough for me to keep them on my sites. Please give some suggestions for this...
===============================================
Jack Anderson,

Brand new affiliate network. Tons of great offers and the highest payouts in the industry! http://convert.convert2media.com/signup/CD2

05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
BuyDigital is offline BuyDigital
Software:

BuyDigital is on a distinguished road

Old

CPA = Great for Advertisers, Crap for Publishers
CPC = Ok for Advertisiers, Ok for Publishers
CPM/CPV = Crap for Advertisiers, Great for Publishers.

Ad copy on the internet is all about a few things:
1. Intent - if you just want your name known by as many people as possible then CPM is great, if you dont have a narrowly defined audience or do not sell product then CPC is great, and if you are selling something the Afilliate programs or CPA is the best. - a good mashing of these works even better, but it will take ad testing to find out what works with what geographic, demographic and psychographic markets.

2. Message Sender - Is the advertising conveying the right message? Are users to your site paying attention to it? If not it isn't your fault as the publisher, its the advertisers fault for making crappy ads. (see GameRail - no defunct). Ads must promote AIDA or you're kinda just wasting your time and money.

3. Message Channel - how many other crazy flashing ads are there on your page? is the ad somewhere were the normal user is looking? Is the ad taking away from your content? (i.e. if you are giving away free templates and the ad says 'OMG FREE TEMPLATES - CLICK NOW' and shows before your template download links then users are more likely to click the banner and move on. This is a common practice amongst adult and warez websites).

4. Message Reciever - Did the ad at least get the attention and interest of the user? If not they may not be the target demographic or user, which is fine. Too many losses here and advertisers wont come back.

For those who don't know AIDA its:
Attention - get them looking
Interest - get them looking closer
Desire - get them wanting your product/service
Action - get them to take your product/service

CPA ads basically give the advertiser a free ride through the first 3 steps, not holding them liable since the cost to run such programs is negligible compared to a highly effective CPC/CPM campaign.

In short: CPA gives Advertisers far more than it gives publishers. It allows them to FOR FREE get a users Attention and Interest. And without risk try to sell them products. It also gives valuable feedback on why users are not purchasing. Things like which ad copy works better in which markets, bounce rates etc.. and they get all this on the Publishers Dime.

Closed Thread