Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 880 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

"What Does Google Have In Its Wallet?"

Thread title: "What Does Google Have In Its Wallet?"
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
07-26-2005, 03:24 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Thing is, ebay spends most of it's advertising in google...that's what I read a while back. Google potentially has the power to control the internets traffic (if for example they started advertising their own marketplace in google).

You could imagine threads being posted on forums across the net very quickly, "Have you seen gmarket!!!!" or whatever it's called.....I think as big as ebay is currently, it wouldn't honestly take that long for googles version to be as big or even bigger than ebay is.

07-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Paul is offline Paul
Expertise:
Software:

Paul is on a distinguished road

Old

Humm, thats true. They could direct alot of traffic to their "gbay" buy replacing the ebay adds. I still think it would take a long, long time before they had any domination over ebay. And this is all a bunch of "ifs" because we don't know what the google guys are doing as we speak.

07-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
That is of course unless they launch their own "ebay"? It's something I could see them doing....I mean, they control the biggest search engine online, they have alot of control and alot of marketshare.
Exactly, they have shown signs of moving towards an online market place with "Froogle".

07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

With all that said though Google could potentionally compete with any internet based company out there if they used their search engine as their marketplace. . . . they could basically go in any direction(s) they want

07-26-2005, 04:32 PM
YoungCoder is offline YoungCoder
Software:

YoungCoder is on a distinguished road

Old

In 50 years google will have taken over the world.

07-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Hmmm you guys seem to think a lot about Google, not saying that I don't

If they had their own site like eBay, it's true that they could maybe eventually over take eBay and get it popular and known very quickly, but why would they do that if eBay is paying them (must be loads) to put their ads up everywhere? (If I am correct on that note of course).

Also Google could just beat eBay by not charging sellers so much, by not taking a cut out of the final sale etc. etc. And Google is known to be very original, so I am sure they would have great original ideas for a MarketPlace or alternative to Paypal if they ever make them...

07-26-2005, 05:43 PM
techo is offline techo
Software:

techo is on a distinguished road

Old

Google is the most well known search engine all over the world. Almost everyone uses it to search for online buisnesses. Google therefore can make sure they are #1 on every keyword related search, quickly taking over whatever online market they decide to crush..

07-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by techo
Google is the most well known search engine all over the world. Almost everyone uses it to search for online buisnesses. Google therefore can make sure they are #1 on every keyword related search, quickly taking over whatever online market they decide to crush..
They could do that but that would be a bad move. Google is the most popular search engine because it gives the best results, if google started put their own sites at the top of those results it would no longer be giving the best results so people might stop using it. What they could do however, is use all their advertiseing spaces and sponserd results but as How2Freelance said they would then be loosing money from what the companies are currently paying them so they would have to weigh up which would be more efficient.

I guess no one but google knows what google plan to do next

07-26-2005, 05:52 PM
techo is offline techo
Software:

techo is on a distinguished road

Old

True, besides all they have to do is put it on their main page, and tons of hits already..

07-27-2005, 04:04 AM
BurninDragon08 is offline BurninDragon08
Expertise:
Software:

BurninDragon08 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BurninDragon08 Send a message via MSN to BurninDragon08 Send a message via Yahoo to BurninDragon08

Old

I personally love google! But I think that they would get in trouble for the same reason Microsoft did back then....They destroyed all the people that tried to challenge them!

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2